Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 European INdoor Championships

I'm going to go the lazy man's route---just ask questions, hoping YOU will supply the answers!

What's the daily event schedule?

Are Heat Sheets (or preliminary entry lists) available?

Who is injured, pregnant, ill, or just isn't competing for whatever reason?

Do you expect any World Records to be broken?

Which National Records are likely to go down?

Which under-20's will be competing, even if not favored for medals?

How seriously is this meet being taken by Prague, the Media, the Athletes, the Fans?

Go for it, Friends!!

LOL

http://www.european-athletics.org/mm...te_Neutral.pdf

Comment

Links to the updated timetable and entries here:

http://www.praha2015.org/aktuality

I am also looking forward to this meet!

I do not expect any WRs; as for other records I have no idea.

Hinriksdottir is in the W800, but I have not looked carefully enough at the other lists to note other junior athletes.
      Last edited by Master Po; 03-04-2015, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Thank you for all the above info.
        So I'll get off my Lazy Bed and offer the following top competitors.
        (But this was just based on PR's--no real thorough knowledge or investigation!)

Men
        60--Michael Tumi, Richard Kilty
        400--Pavel Maslek
        800--Mark Lewandowski, Kevin Lopez
        1500--Ilham Ozbilen, Homiyu Tesfaye, Henrik Ingebrigtsen
        3000--Lee Emanuel
        60H--Pascal Martinot-Legarde, Wilhelm Belocien, Lawrence Clarke
        HJ--Aleksey Dmitrik, Jaroslav Baba
        LJ--Louis Tsetoumas
        TJ--Marion Oprea, Nelson Evora
        PV--Renaud Lavillenie, Piotr Lisek
        SP--David Storl
        Hept--Ilya Shkoramyou

Women
        60--Dafne Schippers, Verena Sailer, Dina Asher-Smith, Ivel Lalova
        400--Zuzana Hejnova, Seren Bundy-Davies
        800--Jenny Meadows, Anita Hinriksdottir
        1500--Sifan Hassan
        3000--Laura Muir, Sifan Hassan, Yelena Korobkina
        60H--Alina Telay, Josephine Onyia
        HJ--Venelina Veneva-Mateev (Age 40), Ruth Beitia (Age 35), Alessia Trost (B-D 3/8/93), Mariya Kuchina, Svetlana Shkolina, Kamila Licwinko
        LJ--Eloysa Lesueur, Ivana Spanovic
        TJ--Yekaterina Koneva
        PV--Nikolia Kiriakopoulou, Ekaterina Stefanidi, Lisa Ryzih, Marion Fiack, Angelica Bengtsson, Tina Sutej
        SP--Denise Hinrichs
        Pent--N. Thiam, Y Maksimova, Nadine Broersen, Antoinette Nana Djimou

Notable Absentees
        Yelena Insinbayeva, Blanka Vlasic, Bogdan Bondarenko

Irene Ekeland turns 18 on March 8, so could break TWO Age records, Ages 17 and 18!
        Morgan Lake is in the Pentathlon. She's 17.
        Last edited by aaronk; 03-04-2015, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Konrad Bukowiecki and Ewa Swoboda are both 17. The former is a long shot (pun not intended) to make the final, but the latter has a good chance of making it. The way she's been improving lately, she might threaten the NR, too.
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
            Who is injured, pregnant, ill, or just isn't competing for whatever reason?

Do you expect any World Records to be broken?
            World records are highly unlikely, even if Renaud Lavillenie cleared 6.07 two years ago at EIC and he always over-performs at indoor WC/EC so it's not that impossible to see him breaking the record. As far as who is not competing... they are as many than the ones who compete, sadly.

M60 (injury) Dasaolu, Vicaut , Lemaitre (choice)
            M800 Adam Ksczcot (illness) Bosse (no indoor, small injury)
            MHJ Fassinotti (small injury) Uhkov (not selected due to poor shape) Bondarenko (skipping indoors)
            MPV Otto, Mohr (no indoor) Holdzpeppe (poor form) Wojcechowski (injury)
            MLJ Rutherford (small injury) Menkov (injury) Caceres (injury)
            MTJ Donato (injury) Greco (injury) Tamgho (out) Compaore (injury) Idowu (no indoor)
            MSP Majewski (surgery, no indoor)

W400 Hejnova (running 800), PSD (no indoor), Child (choice), Stambolova (small injury), the russians (no indoor)
            W800 Savinova (doping? no indoor) Arzamasova (no indoor) Sharp (no indoor)
            W1500 Aregawi (no indoor)
            W60hs Borsi (injury) Porter (no indoor) Billaud (injury)
            WHJ Chicherova, Green (no indoor) Vlasic (no indoor)
            WPV Bleasdale (no indoor), Spiegelbulg (injury), Isinbayeva (no 2015), Rogowska (retired recently), Feofanova (retired?)
            WLJ Klishina (no indoor), KJT (pentathlon)
            WTJ Saladuhka (choice, poor form)
            WSP Schwanitz (surgery) Kolodko (no indoor)

Comment

First thing everyone's gotta do is download the 800 page statistical handbook: https://www.dropbox.com/s/32mdi8uhx9...e2015.pdf?dl=0

Gives you ALL the info you ever wanted about european indoor athletics, all time lists, results from previous EICs, athletes etc...

Then, if you want to watch it, EAA is offering an official livestream here: http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/ea/index.html

And finally, if you want to play a little prediction game, we got one going in our German athletics board, you would have to register though and it's all in German. If anyone is interested let me know and i'll be glad to translate whatever is necessary. http://leichtathletikforum.com/showthread.php?tid=815

Comment

Originally posted by Sasuke View Post
                World records are highly unlikely, even if Renaud Lavillenie cleared 6.07 two years ago at EIC and he always over-performs at indoor WC/EC so it's not that impossible to see him breaking the record. As far as who is not competing... they are as many than the ones who compete, sadly.
                So basically, what you're saying is that the no-show list for the EC's is about as long as the one was for this year's USATF!!

Sad indeed!!

Comment

Originally posted by Master Po View Post
                  Links to the updated timetable and entries here:

http://www.praha2015.org/aktuality

I am also looking forward to this meet!

I do not expect any WRs; as for other records I have no idea.
                  I think that the only chance for a WR is KJT in the pentathlon.

Comment

I'm not interested in WRs at all, i want to see thrilling competitions. I'd rather watch five women attack 4.80m at the pole vault than one guy running 60m in 6.38s. Nothing that last only 6 seconds (or 9.5) can be that exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by olorin View Post
                      I think that the only chance for a WR is KJT in the pentathlon.
                      This is true. The sum of her prs (three of them made this winter) gives 1073 (HS) + 862 (800 indoor, but she can at least run 2.12 since she has a 2.08 outdoor) + 1198 (HJ) + 1162 (LJ) + 688 (SP, she is very weak here) = 4983 just 30 points worse than WR. Given a good 800 for her she could do 960 points in the 800 and so destroy the world record. BUT she needs to be at her best in every event... possible, difficult, but possible.

Comment

The Czech men's relay has a total of individual times of 3:04.71, which potentially brings them within reach of the WR. And the Poles are not far behind at 3:05.44 (with more to come, I believe), so the race should be competitive enough to make these teams run fast.
                        Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

World records are highly unlikely, even if Renaud Lavillenie cleared 6.07 two years ago at EIC and he always over-performs at indoor WC/EC so it's not that impossible to see him breaking the record.
                          FWIW, story linked on front page says Lavillenie wants to break his record in Prague.

Comment

Rogowska (retired recently), Feofanova (retired?)
                            I was sad to hear about Rogowska, still remember watching that meet in Greece in 2004 (golden Eurosport T&F era) when I first noticed her.

Feofanova is preparing for the summer. Will be interesting to see if she can make the team for Beijing, PV is one of the stongest events in Russia at the moment.

Comment

Renaud Lavillenie always wants to break his WR.... I'll be curious to see how the rest of the field does perform, and notably if Valentin Lavillenie can actually bank on his good form this winter to get a medal.

As far as youngsters go, well, I'm following Wilhem Belocian (19) breakout into the senior world.
                              (Hard for me not to follow the m60H anyway, since Belocian, PML and Dimitri Bascou are all potential medallists)
                              Last edited by tamabi; 03-04-2015, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X