X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Indoor entries

Cheserek entered in mile, 3k, and dmr.
    Lots of guys doing 5k, 3k double.
    Erica Bougard, MsSt, in pent, 60h, lj (Kendall Williams just in pent.)
    Dominic Scott, Ark in 3k, dmr
    Brandon McBride, MsSt, 800 defending champ, dnr at SEC. school doesn't sponsor sport.
    Dedrick Dukes, FL, 200 outdoor champ, has slowest qualifying time.
    Last edited by Bruce Kritzler; 03-06-2015, 05:12 AM.

Brian Shrader scratched!
    He went profesh, as Phoebe Wright says it!
    (See front page!)

Comment

Lets Run says Oregon men are favorite, but I like Florida because of their better balance, potentially scoring in lj, tj, shot, and sprints, while Oregon has only distance guys.
      Arkansas women are big favorite, but if TxAM can get some field event points I think they can challenge.

Comment

Trivia??
        Brooke Feldmeier, Ole Miss fr, is a qualifier in 800m at 2:04.3. Her hs background is as a heptathlete with marks of 24.8, 54.5, 14.43, 45.5-300h.
        There is another ncaa eligible athlete with superior pr's in 100h & 800m. Can you name her?

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
          Brian Shrader scratched!
          He went profesh, as Phoebe Wright says it!
          (See front page!)
          Boy, talk about a big FU to his school and coaching staff. He couldn't have waited a couple more weeks to represent the school that presumably paid part or all of his tuition? And how much is a contract for a 13:41 5000 runner worth? A real head-scratcher.

Comment

NCAA indoor has started, and there has been no chatter (except multi and pv). Where is everyone. Live streaming available now at espn3.

Comment

basic internet rule, I think: live streaming has a majorly negative effect on message-board posting.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                basic internet rule, I think: live streaming has a majorly negative effect on message-board posting.
                Absolutely true (at least as far as I am concerned). After following the main video feed and checking in on the field event results not nearly as much time for message board posting. BTW nice 8.28 by Marquis Dendy

Comment

which is why, by the way, I didn't bother to create a separate forum with a thread for each of teh NCAA events; the last couple of efforts in that direction have been a basic waste of time for the vast majority of the events.

Comment

Surprised to see those guys in the 800m give up the inside to Murphy.

Comment

Jenna Prandini wins the Long jump in 6.65

And now she just ran 22.52 in her 200m prelim, moving her to #8 all time....

And she already won her heat in the 60m...
                      Last edited by ATK; 03-14-2015, 02:17 AM.

Comment

So far coverage has been track and no field that I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
                          Trivia??
                          Brooke Feldmeier, Ole Miss fr, is a qualifier in 800m at 2:04.3. Her hs background is as a heptathlete with marks of 24.8, 54.5, 14.43, 45.5-300h.
                          There is another ncaa eligible athlete with superior pr's in 100h & 800m. Can you name her?
                          Stanford's Claudia Saunders moved her dmr team to the lead with a 2:04 leg at ncaa. She's also ran 14.29 in the 100h(and 2:02+ in 800).

Comment

Yesterday's WT must have been fun to watch the last couple minutes... Lihrman won on his last throw (80-10.25), closer than expected I assume over McCullough (80-03.25), who needed his last throw to overtake Enekwech (79-4).

McCullough with his throw moves to #5 performer on the A-T US List, #2 on the A-T college list. With McCullough ranking 13th last year in the HT - makes you wonder if we may see a US HTer on the international scene soon...

Comment

I am not sure what to think of the Oregon men's efforts. This is a very odd way to win a championship with just distance runners. Obviously it worked.

I suppose other schools have won with a handful of sprinters and not much else. Of course, Oregon coaches would have much preferred to have Devon Allen to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X