Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beijing W100m: Who will win?

I want your early predictions guys. Which female will rule the 100m this year. I know it is early but I am very excited about this year.

Stats
    Defending World Champion- Shelly-ann Fraser-Pryce
    2014 World number one and DL winner- VCB
    Commonwealth Champion 100m- Blessing Okagbare
    European Champion- Dafne Schippers
    2014 World Leader- Torie Bowie (10.80)
    Fastest Woman Alive- Carmelita Jeter (10.64)
    Last edited by gh; 06-01-2015, 05:00 PM.

Forget that its so early in the year, last year ended as pretty much a toss up for picking the top female over 100m.

Comment

Look...

I don't want to fight, but do you honestly believe that Schippers(who has never run under 11) deservedly belongs amongst women who have run 10.80 and under?

Comment

While I'm a fan of Schippers, she shouldn't be on this list....neither should Tianna. Also, I thought the general consensus was Dafne's focusing only on the Hep at the World Champs.

Comment

To be fair, Jeter shouldn't be on the list if Schippers isn't. When was the last time she ran remotely close to her best? At least Schippers is on the up - and a year ago, Bowie wouldn't have made it - yet here she is with a 10.8PB

Comment

Whilst I do think Schipper's better event and bigger threat is the 200m, where she looks like she will go sub 22 (and how many women competing have done that!) she has to be considered an outside threat in the 100; she's just run 7.05, she finished 2014 as the number 1 woman over 200m, she's on an apparent steep improvement curve...

I agree with ATK though; it's far too early in the year to be making predictions. Let's wait till the end of May/June when athletes start competing and review form then.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriella2 View Post
              Whilst I do think Schipper's better event and bigger threat is the 200m, where she looks like she will go sub 22 (and how many women competing have done that!) she has to be considered an outside threat in the 100; she's just run 7.05, she finished 2014 as the number 1 woman over 200m, she's on an apparent steep improvement curve...

I agree with ATK though; it's far too early in the year to be making predictions. Let's wait till the end of May/June when athletes start competing and review form then.
              Allyson Felix was the number one sprinter over 200.

Comment

Ligthen up guys!!! It is just predictions.
                Daphne may well run 10.8 this year, in track stuff like this happens.
                Guys tell me your top 3
                Mine is

1) SFP
                2) Ahoure
                3) VCB

Comment

Its to early imo but if i had a gun to my head (drastic measures, yes i know) and i had to pick a gold medalist right now, it would have to be SAFP
                  Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post
                    Allyson Felix was the number one sprinter over 200.
                    Nah. Nope. Not.

Comment

After today's announcement the answer is obviously Kaylin Whitney :-)

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                        After today's announcement the answer is obviously Kaylin Whitney :-)
                        Future scientists will call this aaronkitis.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriella2 View Post
                          Nah. Nope. Not.
                          Unless Dafne can run 21.69 when it really counts, or Allyson starts to lose her mojo (remember; she played it safe after her 2013 injury, and still ran 22.02 to beat Dafne), Allyson is still #1.

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post
                            Unless Dafne can run 21.69 when it really counts, or Allyson starts to lose her mojo (remember; she played it safe after her 2013 injury, and still ran 22.02 to beat Dafne), Allyson is still #1.
                            Felix didn't run that 21.69 when it really counted, that would be her 21.88 from London. But by that logic Jeter would be 100m favourite for Beiing because she once ran a 10.64 and Gerd Kanter will definitely be the favourite for the discus because he once threw 73.88m.

Comment

Originally posted by norunner View Post
                              Felix didn't run that 21.69 when it really counted, that would be her 21.88 from London. But by that logic Jeter would be 100m favourite for Beiing because she once ran a 10.64 and Gerd Kanter will definitely be the favourite for the discus because he once threw 73.88m.
                              Wrong. Felix ran that 21.69 at the 2012 Olympic trials against a stacked field.
                              Strange analogies there sir.

Comment

Working...
                              X