Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA m3000: Oregon 1-2-3 (Jenkins 7:58.81)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA m3000: Oregon 1-2-3 (Jenkins 7:58.81)

On the men's scores, Oregon and Florida are tied with 50 going into the last two events, the 3000 and 4x400.

Florida has the =2nd seeded 4x4 team and no one in the 3000.

Oregon has no relay but has five people in the 3000: mile winner (and DMR anchor) Edward Cheserek, 5000 winner Eric Jenkins, 5000 3rd-placer Parker Stinson, 3000 7th placer Will Geoghegan and Jeramy Elkaim, who's running fresh!
    dj
    Administrator
    Last edited by dj; 03-15-2015, 02:34 AM.

Cheserak leads with 200 to go, but Jenkins out-kicks him 25.83 to 26.47; last kilo 2:29.13
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA

Comment

Wow, I just saw this race on Flotrack...Eric Jenkins was very impressive. Hope he gets in the 5000m at Stanford....I think he will break 13:10 if the pace is right.

Comment

According to the Oregonian, Cheserek let Jenkins win. Let the debate about "cheating" begin! >:-)
        Cheers,
        Alan Shank
        Woodland, CA

Comment

Before the race I told my wife that if they were neck and neck with no other contenders around, Ches would back off. A real polite move by a classy guy; had it been any other uniform, Ches would have found that extra gear. Nice that he didn't have to after running three sub-4's in 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
            Before the race I told my wife that if they were neck and neck with no other contenders around, Ches would back off. A real polite move by a classy guy; had it been any other uniform, Ches would have found that extra gear. Nice that he didn't have to after running three sub-4's in 24 hours.
            Yeah, how do you think that is going to affect him?
            Cheers,
            Alan Shank
            Woodland, CA

Comment

I'm assuming you're referring to Jenkins, Alan. I doubt it will effect him much since Ches did the same thing in his first ever loss on the track last year at Hayward and if it were to effect him at all, he's still got a 5000 title. No one will ever know what might have happened had Ches kicked harder (we can guess) and on that basis I think Jenkins will be fine with his individual and team titles. A dream come true for a kid who transferred from a non-dominant track school.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
                I'm assuming you're referring to Jenkins, Alan.
                No, I was referring to the effect on Cheserek of four races, 3 of them sub-4 miles, in two days. Of course, Jenkins also was worked very hard.
                Cheers,
                Alan Shank
                Woodland, CA

Comment

If you look back to a similar performance by Hasay at the 2011 indoors, she wasn't the same after that. But Ches seemed to run so easily and he had a short indoor season and will presumably not be overworked outdoors, so I think /hope he'll be OK

Comment

I'm not so sure, after seeing the race, that Ches backed off...I think Jenkins has more speed than at least I realized. Outdoor season performances from these two will be very interesting.

Comment

Working...
                    X