Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bislett & Fox Sports Net

FSN Rulz! They will be televising the Golden League and I just watched Bislett. Larry Rawson commentated. He was probably sitting in a US studio, having already watched this Euro feed and armed with the results, but it was a very well packaged production. He kept an informative banter going, and this is what he does very well, use his tremendous knowledge of the sport to give some perspective of what this event means in the Big Picture. There was good coverage of the mJT and mTJ and of course the w5K WR. If I have to watch taped T&F, this is the way to go.

edit: Greer looked great on his AR throw, but then hurt his knee. Borz was totally in control the whole way and seemed to have learned his 'kicking-too-late' lesson. Heshko could have beaten Lagat with a little smarter race. Capel and Gatlin look TOO thick to be 200 runners. Cloete has the weirdest run-up I've ever seen - windmilling before she even gets near the plant - what's up with that? How on earth does Olsson do it with those skinnnny legs?

Re: Bislett & Fox Sports Net

>FSN Rulz!

Pretty regular occurrence on the CBC. Just waiting for the 5PM coverage. Find someone from the blue haired retired canuck brigade that is stealing an expressvu signal down there, ingratiate yourself and enjoy track all summer.

Comment

Thick 200 meter runners

Remember Michael Bates, medalist at Barcelona?

Comment

Re: Thick 200 meter runners

not to mention John Regis--19.94 200m Stuttgart

Comment

Cloete has always done that. When I first heard Dwight comment on it he remaked that although strange, it worked for her. Our National girls high school chanp does it too down here and she has been 1.75. But it has to be timed right.

Comment

As long as I've got you here, what was up with Kostadinova's draping of the arm over the bar before she ever took off. That can NOT be biomechanically efficient. Yet the WR.

Comment

> I just watched Bislett.
              >Larry Rawson commentated. He was probably sitting in a US studio, having
              >already watched this Euro feed and armed with the results, but it was a very
              >well packaged production. He kept an informative banter going, and this is what
              >he does very well, use his tremendous knowledge of the sport to give some
              >perspective of what this event means in the Big Picture.

My thoughts exactly! The camera action in this was was simply superb, with excellent close ups of the track action. And Rawson only used the football field imagery one time!

Comment

Also, it seemed like there was constant action; no up-close-and-personals. They crammed a lot in.

Comment

ENJOYED tape of GREERS AR throw. Hope his knee doing better than his hair, looks like Hulk Hogan or that freemball Tony who rides that stupid bike in excercise infomercials. Cheetaman looked tuff in 200.

Comment

We need a Hulk Hogan in track. It's still about the Show (as long as you can back it up ala Blazing Shoes Mo).

Comment

Bob, I mention yards and a football field comparison for several reasons....We as a sport need to keep growing viewership in order to continue to get live or prime time airings...There are not enough t&f nuts out there like ourselves or we would be getting more fans than the 3500 or so that showed up for the US Open and Addidas Oregon Classic...Dan Wilson said to me at the US Open "every time I run a 1500 meters I have translate for my friends what that is for a mile time and how much shorter it is"...I could give you many other examples, ....Our growth in viewership has been wonderful over the last 6 years < up 80%>...the average sports fan we are trying to attract, many don't know meters, they know feet and yards.I spend the vast majority of my time on air trying to give Quality information on the sport to real fans but perhaps 25 to 35% of or viewers don't know what the difference is between 3000 meters and the 2 miles... I try and treat everyone with respect, ask people you know that know me...I state this because I seen a couple of posts mentioning I'm talking down to people by some analogies I use.That's wrong, not everyone who watches is as knowledgeable as our core fans....Thank you for other comments,What we do on television is not easy..Please let your friends in the sport know why I simplify some comparisons,it's to educate some viewers who are less knowledgeable than they are...my best, Larry Rawson

Comment

Thank you for posting, Larry. I thought the Breaux Greer analogy was apt - he just threw 95 yards down the field - should raise some eyebrows in the incogniscenti.

Comment

>Thank you for posting, Larry. I thought the Breaux Greer analogy was apt - he
                          >just threw 95 yards down the field - should raise some eyebrows in the
                          >incogniscenti.

Agreed. By itself, 87m or 286ft can be hard to picture. For a quick mental image, specifically for Americans, comparing a distance to a football field can be quite helpful.

Comment

Larry, thanks for posting. The coverage of T&F in the US seems to be getting better. One question about the women's 5k. They showed the start of the race and then a few laps. The field was together, then they cut to commercial. Back from commercial, one women out front with a big gap back to the pack, what happened? That is the question I am sure many people would ask. When they edit this coverage for TV do they take these kinds of issues into account. I understand that showing the entire 5k or 10k is not always possible, but I would think that since it is taped we would at least get to see some of the key points where the race is broken open. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Comment

Does anyone have a good listing of when the Golden League meets are going to be on FSN? I was searching all weekend for the NC's and got nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X