Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic Trials in 2016

I haven't found the schedule, so here is my suggestion. First weekend:
    200, 800, St, 5000 and 400 Hurdles. Second weekend: 100, 400, 1500, 10,OOO and high hurdles. Men and women would run at the same time, multis and field events can be at any time, but LT and TJ should be on separate weekends. This should produce the best team IMHO.

I like your schedule, it makes sense. I would also ensure SP & DT are on separate weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by Retread View Post
      I like your schedule, it makes sense. I would also ensure SP & DT are on separate weekends.
      I agree. Thank you for that addition

Comment

I assume that, as in the past, there will be some effort to take into consideration the timetable of the Olympic Games, so that doubles that are possible in Rio will be possible in Eugene, with roughly the same spacing between the rounds.

Comment

I think you'd find sprinters very distressed at a setup where the 200 came before the 100.

Comment

But the Trials are different than the Championships in one important regard for the sprinters -- there are no relays.

Comment

Also not sure if the 5k - 10k switch would be favorable for the distance runners who double,

Comment

It is not, and cannot, be perfect in avoiding conflicts for doublers but like the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                  I think you'd find sprinters very distressed at a setup where the 200 came before the 100.
                  I agree, but US men have not done as well in the last two OG as they did at Athens, so a change may help.

Comment

Looking on from afar down here in the Antipodes it would seem to me that the best schedule would be one that mirrored the Olympic schedule as much as possible.

Comment

Working...
                    X