Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mo Farah not European says Fabian Roncero - Is he correct?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
    Bernard Lagat didn't have any specific moral claim to USA residence and citizenship other than he was recruited to run for WSU and then unsurprisingly he decided he would like to stay in the USA and become a citizen. And I imagine the fact that he was a potential Olympic medalist was a likely positive in the favorable outcome for his citizenship application,
    The reason he got his citizenship faster than other people is because he won a lottery for diversity immigration visa when he was a student. The US immigration law has since changed, and someone in his situations (Olympic or world medalist) would get a green card after three years, and immediately become eligible for naturalization. But he was not a beneficiary of this new rule.

http://iipdigital.usembassy.gov/st/e...#axzz3Vt1hpPCD

Comment

I made no comparison of Tiffany Porter to "the imports of many oil rich countries"; mister jjimbojames; I compared her situation to Mo Farah, who moved to London as an 8-year-old, and came through the British club system as a distance runner. Farah currently resides in the USA, but will surely return to Britain when his track career is over, because he has firm roots in London. Ms Porter certainly has British citizenship from her parents, but no obvious interest in settling down in Britain; thus she wears British colours purely as a flag of convenience. It's allowed by the rules, certainly, but that don't make it right.

Comment

posters are obsessed with dual citizenship and give Porter the same status as Mo Farah, Paula Radcliffe because they work and live abroad; nonsense to compare Porter a first rate but legal opportunist who is American in every conceivable way, her main family, in her heart and soul, except the frigging passport. She will be back in the USA so soon as her career is over I suggest.

I have in my own extended family persons with dual passport who take advantage of the system but are not British except by birth/parent and some have been to GB a mere couple of times only.

The Mumpy/Flumpy of this world have always been in denial on this question and think they are rather special in their opinions... up their own ..... in the opinion of some .

Comment

Originally posted by Hedgecock View Post
          Ms Porter's convenient allegiance to team GBR is more of an annoyance than a problem for me, Mump Boy. Mo Farah currently lives in Oregon as part of the famous Nike Oregon Project, but when his track career is over, he will surely return to live in London, where he is a devoted Gooner with a season ticket to the Emirates Stadium (that's a supporter of Arsenal Football Club to our American friends).
          Will Tiffany Porter settle in her adopted country once she has ceased to sprint over hurdles for a living? I very much doubt, it, don't you? Therefore the DAILY MAIL, in spite of their hypocrisy over Zola Budd, is perfectly entitled to refer to her as a 'Plastic Brit', and so am I.
          Where Tiffany Porter lives now or in the future is nobody's business but her own similarly what football club she does or doesn't support.

It is also entirely your choice what pejorative terms you use to describe her.

It is also my choice to believe you are nothing but a nasty, petty, bigot living in the first half of the last century
          i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by bennyg View Post
            except the frigging passport.
            Which is of course all that counts
            i deserve extra credit

Comment

It is also my choice to believe you are nothing but a nasty, petty, bigot living in the first half of the last century

We can disagree over Ms Porter and her allegiance, Mump boy, but there is no need for abusive name-calling. Your infantile abuse is not worthy of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedgecock View Post

We can disagree over Ms Porter and her allegiance, Mump boy, but there is no need for abusive name-calling. Your infantile abuse is not worthy of you.
                Your name calling of Ms Porter is different in what way ?
                i deserve extra credit

Comment

I called Ms Porter a 'Plastic Brit', which is exactly what she is; but I will not descend to your level of personal abuse.

Comment

It would be personal to Tiffany !!
                    i deserve extra credit

Comment

Working...
                    X