Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica Boys and Girls Champs - March 24-28

Boys and Girls Champs, the largest high school track and field championships in the world begins on Tuesday, March 24 at the National Stadium in Kingston, Jamaica.

"Champs" as it is affectionately called is the breeding ground for Jamaica's future stars. Jamaican athletes who performed brilliantly at Champs in their younger days included Usain Bolt, Yohan Blake, Merlene Ottey etc.

The entire meet is will stream live on the internet at www.1spotmedia.com on a subscription basis. US $9.99 for 5 days of full coverage.

Crowds of 35,000+ spectators usually attend the meet on its final days.

Its going to be a great meet.

What a great thing for ISSA to do to offer a subscription stream. I just bought mine, its going to be my favorite 5 days of the year. If someone would have told me this would have been available two years ago, I would have thought they were crazy. It's great to be a track fan in 2015!
    Last edited by spammer; 03-24-2015, 09:22 AM.
    Bolt's last year...and my last year as a track fan, it's been fun

Comment

I've got my 5 day subscription I hope the quality of the feed is good throughout the 5 days
      Oh and "GO FORTIS!!" Kingston College for life!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fortis4Eva View Post
        I've got my 5 day subscription I hope the quality of the feed is good throughout the 5 days
        Oh and "GO FORTIS!!" Kingston College for life!!!!!!!
        The live stream has begun.

Picture quality is very good.

Comment

I'll be there from Friday afternoon
          why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DentyCracker View Post
            I'll be there from Friday afternoon
            Man I miss those days .... Nothing like being in the Grand Stand on Champs Saturday

Comment

Obviously, it will be the hard-core Jamaican fans and alums that watch this. Could people offer periodic summaries with implications of those results? Don't leave out the field events and longer races, as it seems there is a steady progression of talent and effort going in to these areas.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                Obviously, it will be the hard-core Jamaican fans and alums that watch this. Could people offer periodic summaries with implications of those results? Don't leave out the field events and longer races, as it seems there is a steady progression of talent and effort going in to these areas.
                This is the best high school championships in the world. Anyone who is a true track and field fan will definitely want to watch it. It doesn't get any better than this at the high school level. No other high school championships in the world(even those in the US) compares.

Comment

Wonderful broadcast, wonderful meet, wonderful very knowlegable commentary. Boys 400m class 1 just began, Hakeem Bloomfield looked majestic. He sleepwalked past the competitors
                  Last edited by spammer; 03-24-2015, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zues2014 View Post
                    This is the best high school championships in the world. Anyone who is a true track and field fan will definitely want to watch it. It doesn't get any better than this at the high school level. No other high school championships in the world(even those in the US) compares.
                    While I have not seen it, I suspect that the high school portion of the Penn Relays runs it pretty good competition. Not as good in the 100/200/400 and related relays, but when you add the 800/1600/3200, DMR, and whatever field events they hold, it is probably much broader in its competition and high competitive level.

Comment

Originally posted by Fortis4Eva View Post
                      Poorly implemented web site. I wasn't able to pay. The thing initially appeared to be processing my credit card, but it didn't do anything, and any further attempts to pay are met with the message "this user is already logged." (yes, that's "logged", not "logged in.")

I'll have to settle for reading results online at https://www.facebook.com/JamaicaOlympics. I figure somebody will post some of the key races on Youtube.

Comment

If you're having trouble accessing the excellent stream. ESPN is offering great indepth radio commentary and analysis along with a radio stream of the meet:
                        http://radio.securenetsystems.net/v5/KLAS
                        Last edited by spammer; 03-26-2015, 01:24 AM.

Comment

in the long jump O'Brien Wasome 7.71 -0.9 PB

Comment

VIDEO: O'Brien Wasome wins C1 boys Long Jump with a huge leap 7.71m -0.9 PB
                            bit.ly/1xBulci

Finals Results Class 1 (Age16-19) boys Long Jump
                            1 Obrien Wasome Jamaica College 7.71m -0.9
                            2 Travis Riley Calabar High 7.40m -0.6 7
                            3 Alrick Ottey Cornwall College 7.36m -0.1 6
                            4 Odaine Lewis Cornwall College 7.17m -0.6 5
                            5 Ajani James Jamaica College J7.17m -2.4
                            6 Jullane Walker Calabar High 7.06m -0.2 3
                            7 Shown-D Thompson St. Jago High 7.03m -0.1
                            8 Lexux Brown St. Elizabeth 6.85m -0.7

Comment

all 100 semifinals for boys and girls just finished. Great races. Raheem Chambers getting passed up in his class 1 semi was one of the more notable results. Really worth subscribing to the video stream over listening on the radio.

Comment

Working...
                              X