Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He just won the 200m as well. He has the 4 x 100m later on tonight.

Comment

200m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESmwdfBm-IM

Comment

Calabar sets a world high school record of 39.08 in the high school boys 4 x 100m relays.

Just amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by zues2014 View Post
          Calabar sets a world high school record of 39.09 in the high school boys 4 x 100m relays.

Just amazing.
          That really was amazing, really feels lucky to be able to see it - 39.08
          Bolt's last year...and my last year as a track fan, it's been fun

Comment

Calabar sets a world high school record of 39.09 in the high school boys 4 x 100m relays.

Just amazing.
            That really was amazing, really feel lucky to be able to see it - 39.08
            Bolt's last year...and my last year as a track fan, it's been fun

Comment

That Calabar team will be running at the Penn Relays in about a month's time. They could go faster (under 39 seconds) since they guys will be alot tired versus the multiples races/rounds they all have had to do this past 5 days.

Comment

The meet is so important that the Prime Minister, Minister of Education and Minister of Sports all have their seats right near the finish line.

Comment

Usain Bolt Watches Calabar Break 4x100m HS WORLD RECORD Champs 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqWe2egwIJ8

Comment

These athletes will assure that Jamaica will continue to dominate the sprints in the future.

Comment

Calabar also broke the 4 x 400m record. All these guys are also expecte at Penn Relays.

Comment

These athletes will assure that Jamaica will continue to dominate the sprints in the future.
                        Around the time of the London Olympics, some dude on another message board wrote that Jamaica's success in the sprints is just a blip that will go away when Bolt retires, after which the USA will dominate the sprints again. These kids are showing that Bolt is only the beginning of a trend, not the end of a streak.

Comment

I think there are a couple gems that I would be particularly interested in:

Michael Ohara
                          Jaheel Hyde
                          Akeem Bloomfield
                          Christopher Taylor
                          Nataliya Whyte
                          Shauna Helps
                          Shalesce Clarke
                          Kimone Shaw
                          Dejour Russell
                          Peta-Gaye Williams
                          Obrien Wasome
                          Nathan Allen
                          Raheem Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk View Post
                            I think there are a couple gems that I would be particularly interested in:

Michael Ohara
                            Jaheel Hyde
                            Akeem Bloomfield
                            Christopher Taylor
                            Nataliya Whyte
                            Shauna Helps
                            Shalesce Clarke
                            Kimone Shaw
                            Dejour Russell
                            Peta-Gaye Williams
                            Obrien Wasome
                            Nathan Allen
                            Raheem Robinson
                            I'm watching the rebirth of the men's 400m with Javon Francis and now Akeem Bloomfield young Taylor coming up also ....it looks like a bright future for one of my favorite events from a Jamaican perspective

Comment

The New York Times has a nice piece on Jamaican sprinting and the Champs competition. Here is the link:
                              http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/06/sp...s-of-the-times

KINGSTON, Jamaica — Sound rises like a cliff wall — drums, trombones, trumpets, the ubiquitous vuvuzela, the odd French horn and 10,000 fans screaming.
                              On the blue track below, 15-year-old boys have shot out of the blocks for the 400 meters, postures erect, arms slicing through the tropical air like knives. Faster, faster, they curl around the track as if astride that wave of sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X