Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt coming back to race in America for his US fans

He will return to the New York Diamond League meeting this year, where he first broke the 100m world record.
    Bolt's last year...and my last year as a track fan, it's been fun

Awesome! That should be a big boost to attendance at the meet.

Comment

Good news. Hope he's fit.

Comment

I will certainly get finish line tickets the first day tickets are available.

Comment

Just remember that he was scheduled to run NYC in 2010 (I think), but he eventually dropped out due to injury.

Comment

Count me in the group that thinks that Bolt's early shut down even as he recovered have provided a very large base to get ready to two (last) big seasons. Yes, the injury issues might be a bigger problem and crop up but even a consistent and fast Gatlin can only win against healthy (of the old form) Bolt if Bolt feels pressure and does not execute in his normal championship manner. There is, of course, the one time he likely felt most pressure and it resulted in his DQ -- but also likely resulted in addressing that issue.

So, while I have said that I think others can beat him, I would say that not only is he the favorite, but the odds posted might be just a tad cautious on his winning.

Comment

I compare Mr. Bolt to JJK. Injuries defeated JJK much more so than her opponents. Wear and tear along with Father Time is not on Bolt's side. If Bolt can remain healthy, no one can beat him...a big if.

Comment

Who is likely to be in the race with him? Any chance Gatlin wil be there? It would be ifun to reward the fans with a serious race for both.

Comment

NYC is the adidas meet; unlikely they're willing to put up the bucks for a Nike headliner like Gatlin.

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post
                    I compare Mr. Bolt to JJK. Injuries defeated JJK much more so than her opponents. Wear and tear along with Father Time is not on Bolt's side. If Bolt can remain healthy, no one can beat him...a big if.
                    I agree. Also, should by some chance Bolt stop training as hard as he has since the 2008 season (when there was an extremely noticeable increase in his fitness and overall body muscularity from 2007), I think that a few other top elite sprinters might finally be able to give him a run for his money.

Comment

Remember being slack-jaw when Gay ran a nice 9.85 (I think) in the rain at that NY Grand Prix , and Bolt destroyed him. To me that was the coming out party, and Beijing was the crowning.
                      You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                        NYC is the adidas meet; unlikely they're willing to put up the bucks for a Nike headliner like Gatlin.
                        That is too bad. I suspect it would fill a lot of seats.

Comment

Last time he race in 2008 when he was training more harder. I hope he perform in this race also.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                            That is too bad. I suspect it would fill a lot of seats.

Bolt is the headliner and seats will be sold out just like it did when he ran in 2008.

Comment

This is not worth its own thread but is notable. A story on the Home Page has this

We take all competitors with a level of seriousness and I don’t see Gatlin as a joke, but the truth of the matter is Usain at his best doesn’t have much to worry about,” Mills told Reuters in an interview.
                              Usain at his best should be unbeatable; a couple of years ago it seemed like The Beast might make a run at that, but his progress has stalled completely and he has not only not improved on his marks of a couple back but has not been equaling them. Gatlin might run a 9.69 version of sub 9.7, but Bolt at his best will turn back even that high level of performance.

Comment

Working...
                              X