Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great early season races................

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great early season races................

Future Jamaican stars.

Elaine Thompson
    womens 100m
    11.09 into a -1.0 wind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ct90kVvMss

Julian Forte
    Mens 200m
    20.19 0.9 wind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8Jl46j1KM4
    Last edited by zues2014; 04-03-2015, 04:06 AM.

With these young college stars coming up, Jamaica's continued dominance in the sprints is secure.

Comment

So Elaine Thompson, born 92, who ran a time which last year wouldn't have put her in the top 20 world wide, is going to secure Jamaican dominance? Other than being Jamaican is there anything that puts her ahead of the talents from the US or other countries, some of them younger than Thompson and faster? English, Akinosun, Ahye, Schippers etc. ?

Comment

@norunner remember it is early season. 11.09 in a negative wind at the end of March is great. She will definitely secure our dominance because there is room for improvement for her. Stop hating

Comment

Originally posted by akeemmtrackaz View Post
          @norunner remember it is early season. 11.09 in a negative wind at the end of March is great. She will definitely secure our dominance because there is room for improvement for her. Stop hating
          Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Comment

So asking for additional info on Jamaican athletes is hating? Just so i'm clear, is there anything that's not HATING, other than using any excuse to repeat the illusion of Jamaican dominance?
            Michelle Ahye ran a 10.97s into a 2.5 headwind today, so i'm guessing we'll be seeing a Trinidadian (is that the correct word) dominance? Some guy from Botswana ran a faster 200m time than Forte earlier in march, so we can expect Botswana to dominate?

Comment

Originally posted by norunner View Post
              So asking for additional info on Jamaican athletes is hating? Just so i'm clear, is there anything that's not HATING, other than using any excuse to repeat the illusion of Jamaican dominance?
              Michelle Ahye ran a 10.97s into a 2.5 headwind today, so i'm guessing we'll be seeing a Trinidadian (is that the correct word) dominance? Some guy from Botswana ran a faster 200m time than Forte earlier in march, so we can expect Botswana to dominate?
              Kia ora "Akeemmtracaz". Don't fret about this guy. It is clear from his postings that he can't stand it when posters from little counties express positives about their athletes and their country. Posters from Trinidad and Botswana would also have every right to be proud and express positives about Ahye and Forte. However, I doubt very much that those posters would claim that this heralds the beginning of a dominance in those events.

Clearly "norunner" resents the success of little counties. Whether he likes it or not Jamaica can rightly claim to have dominated the sprints for the past decade. And with a population of less than 3 million compared to the USA's 400 million, the Jamaican dominance is unprecedented as it is phenomenal. And if you take out the steroid junkies that dominance is even greater.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                Kia ora "Akeemmtracaz". Don't fret about this guy. It is clear from his postings that he can't stand it when posters from little counties express positives about their athletes and their country. Posters from Trinidad and Botswana would also have every right to be proud and express positives about Ahye and Forte. However, I doubt very much that those posters would claim that this heralds the beginning of a dominance in those events.

Clearly "norunner" resents the success of little counties. Whether he likes it or not Jamaica can rightly claim to have dominated the sprints for the past decade. And with a population of less than 3 million compared to the USA's 400 million, the Jamaican dominance is unprecedented as it is phenomenal. And if you take out the steroid junkies that dominance is even greater.
                Respect is a two way street. Jamboy, Zeus or whatever he calls himself this year, and other posters here have actually questioned the times, wind and legitimacy of performances of Americans(especially the ladies in the sprints and hurdles) when they do well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Personal attacks are the last defense of those who run out of facts. Do you see me "resenting" Valerie Adams? Kirani James? The only thing i resent are ridiculous arguments.

Comment

How tall is Elaine Thompson? She's got nice form and is what to watch out for, though that doesn't overplay the competition she'll face from her country women and others.

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post
                      Respect is a two way street. Jamboy, Zeus or whatever he calls himself this year, and other posters here have actually questioned the times, wind and legitimacy of performances of Americans(especially the ladies in the sprints and hurdles) when they do well.
                      While that may well be, I don't recall me questioning the legitimacy of the performances of Americans (or Jamaicans). However, if I did, I apologise. The ongoing supremacy battles between some Jamaican and US posters does get a bit over the top at times, but for me, I enjoy reading those barbed missiles as they fly back and forth over the Caribbean between Jamaica and the USA.

I am happy to celebrate great performances no matter who, what or where (except for those who were PED assisted). And I also am happy to see posters celebrating those performances and reading about their predictions of what MIGHT happen in the future. And when hindsight proves those predictions to be wrong it is a case of "so what".

People like "norunner" are, as Akeemmtracaz says, "haters".

Comment

So Elaine Thompson, born 92, who ran a time which last year wouldn't have put her in the top 20 world wide, is going to secure Jamaican dominance? Other than being Jamaican is there anything that puts her ahead of the talents from the US or other countries, some of them younger than Thompson and faster? English, Akinosun, Ahye, Schippers etc. ?
                        Time will tell won't it. Schippers and Ahye certainly appear in the frame to be best in the world in 2015 and beyond. English was disappointing in 2014.
                        Elaine Thompson ran really well but has got a way to go yet before one would suggest she will be the next SAFP or VCB.
                        If Schippers stays healthy it would not be a surprise to see her go under 10.80 and 21.70

Comment

Personal attacks are the last defense of those who run out of facts. Do you see me "resenting" Valerie Adams? Kirani James? The only thing i resent are ridiculous arguments.
                          In 2009 Jacko threw a PR of 17.41m with the 6.00kg - a world best for age 14. If anyone predicted in 2009 that 2 years later Jacko was going to throw 20.38m with the 7.26kg and 24.45m with the 5.00kg such predictions would have deservedly raised collective eyebrows. However, he did those performances. And based on those performances a number posters, and admittedly, especially me, enjoyed trying to predict what Jacko would do into the future.
                          And while Jacko has reached the levels predicted that is no reason for the derision that you like to pour out and to write him off. He may not make the 23m mark, or the 22m ro the 21m mark. And so the predictions change based on the updating of our current knowledge of Jacko. But to write him off as you do, is unwarranted.

And so, my next predictions. Unless injury strikes him down again, Jacko and Tom Walsh will both get to 21.50m this year.

Comment

I am not sure if its a compliment when people compare me to other posters on the board. Anyhoo, so many posters on this board always try to downplay the dominance of Jamaican sprinters. Bolt and Frazer's shoes will be handily filled by these upcoming Jamaican sprinters once both those athletes retire.

Comment

Originally posted by zues2014 View Post
                              Future Jamaican stars.

Elaine Thompson
                              womens 100m
                              11.09 into a -1.0 wind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ct90kVvMss

Julian Forte
                              Mens 200m
                              20.19 0.9 wind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8Jl46j1KM4

Elaine Thompson just ran 10.92 in a blazing run of glory at the Utech Classic in Kingston.

Fastest time in the world. She looked great. Great future for her. Her coach is Stephen Francis who also coaches Fraser. Just great. All the previous haters can now fall back.

Comment

Working...
                              X