X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harlan > Hardee

8171 to 8041 - decent!

Re: Harlan > Hardee

Considering the competitors who ended up missing this competition because of injuries before (Thomas, Powell) or during (Smith, Kilmartin) this just missed as maybe the best ever year for the NCAA Deca! It's nice to see Harlan back, and Mustafa in third showed his previous score was no fluke. Next year is going to be a scorcher, especially if Thomas gets a redshirt! Maybe 5! over 8,000! Congrats to Hardee, someone who has gotten minimal hype, but is a definite rising star.

Comment

I think if Hardee learns how shot putt he will be a serious contender on the world stage. Seems to have Daley Thompson type speed, always a good thing. I knew Smith was injured when I saw the 52 quarter. Hopefully he is not too badly injured. A place on the Olympic team is his if he wants it once he is fit as both he and Claston Bernard (who were shot/discus guys in HS) have the A standard.
      why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Isn't Claston Bernard Jamaican, though?

Comment

Yep, and so is Maurice Smith.

Comment

As is DentyCracker
            why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Hardee opened the pole vault at 4.90 (16-0.75) and took 3 jumps to clear. That was a scare.

He cleared that height only.

I was worried that he was going to DQ himself and/or Hans Uldal (Missouri) when Uldal fell meters before the finish and was temporarily helped along by Trey Hardee.

I do not know the rule on assistance. I was worried that Uldal was going to give us a Gabriela Anderson-Scheiss(?) moment.

Comment

Hardee did the same thing last year at NCAAs, opening very high, and barely making it. Seems an unneccessary risk, but his primary event was the pole vault so I guess he thinks he knows what he is doing.

Comment

"Uldal fell meters before the finish and was temporarily helped along by Trey Hardee."

Anyone who has a problem with that doesn't understand the concept of sportsmanship.

Comment

>"Uldal fell meters before the finish and was temporarily helped along by Trey
                    >Hardee."

Anyone who has a problem with that doesn't understand the concept
                    >of sportsmanship.

Just to be clear, I thought it was a tremendous display of sportsmanship. Trey needed to beat Ryan by 30 (?) seconds to win. He ended up beating Ryan by 11 seconds. It would have been REALLY interesting if Trey was around 30 seconds ahead when he made that gesture.

I assume that Trey knew that he did not have the 30 second lead to win but his help for Uldal looked instinctual so, you never know! Imagine the story if that gesture had cost him the victory.

Comment

Working...
                    X