Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Texas?!?!

6th in 3:30.33?!?!?!

Well done to LSU for winning in a great time of 3:25.26, but my big 20 point bet was on the Texas ladies and they failed to deliver! Did they drop the baton or have bad changeovers or something...?

Re: What happened to Texas?!?!

I wish I knew.

Comment

Word on the street is one of their girls (leadoff i think?) fell, just had her legs give out on her and fell.

Comment

Well Raasin's split is 55.5 - she's normally 5 seconds quicker than this on the relay (and seeing as she ran rounds of 100mH, 400mH and 4x4, I'm not surprised this happened).

Comment

I think the fall occured at the handoff with Raasin? Something like that. Details are sketchy, but the word is that two of the Texas ladies went down together.

Comment

How about what happened to the Texas men? Terrible showing for the most high-profile school in the state.

In the overall standings TCU was 4th, tied with SMU; Baylor was 7th; Texas Tech was 8th; and Rice was 20th. Texas was 23rd. If the boosters actually cared about anything other than football, they'd be upset about being 6th in the state of Texas!

(Meanwhile, I refuse to talk about my school, which was shut out of the standings.)

Comment

What happened to Texas? In a word, they stunk up their home track. I figure between both programs, they scored about 40 points less than they should have.

Eyewitness account: I can't remember who was handing off to Raasin, but yes, she fell just as the handoff was about to be made. It took a monumental effort just to get back to where they did.

It was just an awful week for Texas track: Cooper didn't make the hurdles finals, Sanya got beat (she took the first 200 too hard), although in fairness to her, the winning time was really smoking. I'm not sure she would have won anyway). And Kilmartin dropped out with an injury. And Raasin got beat.

Really, only three good things happened for me this weekend: Andra Manson won the high jump, Denby won the 100H, and I got to take Dan Lilot and Sieg Lindstrom to hear some kickass music at the Continental Club. (Man, I'm telling you, if those NCAA guys had gone with us to hear the Weary Boys, Austin would have landed that 3-year contract.)
              "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Awesome 4x4 anchor leg splits for Henderson (49,6) and Richards (49,9).

Comment

4x400 World Record??

4x4 world record

With those splits some friends and I were discussing the 4x400 womens WR. It is 3:15.51 set by the '88 US Oly team.

To break it by 1 hundreth (.01), We'd need, an opening flyer with 50.0, then the next 3 splits would have to AVERAGE 48.5.

Looks a bit unlikely at this point but not out of the realm of possibility.
                  If we could just get Ana Guevara to emigrate 5 miles north from her home town of Nogales, Mexico that would set us up with Marion Jones, and some combo of MoHen, Sanya, Dee Dee, and probably Jearl and Michele Collins... Does anyone know if Allyson Felix does the 400 much or at all? If so, would she be able to crack that group?

If Marion is in peak form, Mo, Dee Dee and Sanya all improve over the summer (all young and should be peaking in this Oly Year), Mo has run 3 PRs over the last several weeks if you include her split in the 4x4 to eke out the team title after a lot of running in the past 3 days. It was her 6th race! Give all three college gals some fresh legs, no stress for studying, (Bruins had finals this week and many had to study for and take their exams via internet in between events!!!), some world class comp and a fast track,
                  And I think we'll see some very fast times... So it could happen.

Comment

Re: 4x400 World Record??

<4x400 womens WR. It is 3:15.51 set by the '88 US Oly team.>

USSR - 3:15.17
                    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Re: 4x400 World Record??

I understand that Tonette Dyer (San Diego State) ran 49.6 or so in the heats. Anyone have a better or more accurate split for her?

They did not make the final. Tonette ran 3rd leg.

Comment

>Looks a bit unlikely at this point but not out of the realm of possibility.
                        If we could just get Ana Guevara to emigrate 5 miles north from her home town of Nogales, Mexico that would set us up with Marion Jones, and some combo of MoHen, Sanya, Dee Dee, and probably Jearl and Michele Collins... Does anyone know if Allyson Felix does the 400 much or at all? If so, would she be able to crack that group? <

A. Felix has a run many 400's, I believe her PB is somewhere in the 51.x range. In my opinion, the 400 would be her best race. No doubt she could go 48 range with a little physical maturity, and proper training.

Comment

Working...
                        X