Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Regional Qualification Marks

Here's a nice tool created for the Oregon locker rooms. It shows the average mark necessary to make it to Regionals. The marks represent average minimum qualifying marks over a four year period:

As has been noted in several threads (particularly for the multis), the standards have been increasing lately. One example from the Big Ten meet a couple of years ago in Madison. The decathlete from Penn State broke is PR (from a couple years back) by about 200 points. He finished somewhere like eighth, tenth or even eleventh with the new PR, whereas he had finished somewhere like 3rd-5th with the prior, much lower PR.

Comment

You never know from year to year. As a Duck fan, I can see why they had Ches and Jenkins run roughly 15 seconds better than the minimal marks in the 10,000 at Stanford and the 5000 at the Pepsi meet this weekend. I guess they'll take some athletes off the plane as the season progresses and others will sneak on with marks lower than the four year average. I agree that the decathlon marks will most likely be higher and even a 7500 is only going to be good for the experience, not for All American status.

Comment

Working...
      X