Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eugene, Oregon Awarded 2021 World Championships!

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure that I will be there.

Comment

Originally posted by zues2014 View Post
      They need to build a new stadium. That stadium is way too small to host a World Championship.
      Nah, we need to keep the riff-raff out (as long as I am not the riff-raff!).

Comment

Originally posted by DecFan View Post
        Atticus, how many of us can your sister house?
        Pictures ?

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
          Pictures ?
          Of my sister? She's pretty spry for being even older than I! ;-)

Comment

Complaints, complaints, complaints!
            The US gets the WC for the FIRST time, and suddenly WE are the villain??
            (Nike would be a much better villain! LOL)
            Come on, folks, there are MUCH bigger fish to fry!

Doha?
            The USATF farce?
            And last but not least....

Will Mary Cain win the Gold Medal in the 2021 WC 5000 at age 25??

LOL again!

Comment

Thought it was from The Onion for sure. They couldn't have made up a story better than this. But, no! It's real!

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                Thought it was from The Onion for sure. They couldn't have made up a story better than this. But, no! It's real!
                I 'll probably be pushing up the daises by then.!

Comment

Originally posted by zues2014 View Post
                  They need to build a new stadium. That stadium is way too small to host a World Championship.
                  Are you nuts? Did they tear down Fenway or Wrigley when they expanded them?

Comment

Originally posted by JumboElliott View Post
                    I have no doubt that Eugene can put on a first class track meet.

At the same time, I wish there was an effort to showcase the United States to the world in a truly international city. There is a massive outlier in the succession of Moscow, Beijing, London, Doha, and Eugene

Oh well, I guess money talks.
                    Along with organization and willingness.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                      Complaints, complaints, complaints!
                      The US gets the WC for the FIRST time, and suddenly WE are the villain??
                      (Nike would be a much better villain! LOL)
                      Come on, folks, there are MUCH bigger fish to fry!

Doha?
                      The USATF farce?
                      And last but not least....

Will Mary Cain win the Gold Medal in the 2021 WC 5000 at age 25??

LOL again!
                      That's the spirit. I can't believe people are whining on this board. I'll expect it from locals who hate sports and want all the money to go to the homeless, but here? On a track fan board?

Comment

seems a little surprising since the decision for 2019 was only last year. we had been lamented how the most successful nation in the sport could not host the worlds, but now it will happen !

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                          I believe that's the plan.

Good. Expand with more seats and possibly a partial roof for those high winds.

Comment

I have no doubt that Eugene can put on a first class track meet.

At the same time, I wish there was an effort to showcase the United States to the world in a truly international city. There is a massive outlier in the succession of Moscow, Beijing, London, Doha, and Eugene

Oh well, I guess money talks.
                            where's Daegu, that well-known metropolis, in your succession?

Comment

At the same time, I wish there was an effort to showcase the United States to the world in a truly international city. There is a massive outlier in the succession of Moscow, Beijing, London, Doha, and Eugene.
                              Nah, no one ever goes to NY, especially the UN delegate. One problem always crops up when it is in those 'truly international cities'; they are expensive as they come. People come to the western US to see the world/nature, not massive traffic jams and four digit (per night) hotel rooms.

Comment

The Adidas partnership with IAAF runs until 2019, so 2021 makes more sense for Eugene if you get my drift.

Comment

Working...
                                X