US Champs Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Champs Predictions

Any chance we will see some US champs predictions in the next few days. It is only a week after NCAA's.

Re: US Champs Predictions

T&FN set will go up in the week after the Regionals are finished. Concentrate, ADD boy! :-)

Comment

Since ever so witty GH slammed me with "ADD boy" I feel compelled to point out that the week after regionals is pretty much over. (:

Comment

Sorry if you feel "slammed." No offense intended. We decided to wait until we had the Oracle results out of the way, and the USATF formcharts will go up Monday morning.

Comment

They're on the website now. Go to the front page and see The Latest section.

Comment

It's time for T&FN to bring back the Prediction contests - NCAA - USATF - WC's. Top three in each and combined. C'mon boys, pony up sumpin for us prodigious prognosticators.

Comment

Well here are my predictions for the sprints/hurdles:

100m:
              Montgomery, Gatlin, Miller
              White, Gaines, Edwards

200m:
              Gatlin, Johnson, Capel
              White, Colander-Richardson, Lee

400m:
              Washington, Brew, Harrison
              Miles-Clark, Richards, Washington

HH:
              Johnson, Trammell, Wade
              Devers, McKelvy, Adams

IH:
              Taylor, Harris, Jackson
              Glover, Demus, Taylor

Comment

The womens 400 looks as thin as it has in years. We've got an 18 year old as a likely winner. What happeaned to Michelle Collins? Is she still injured from indoor worlds? Why is Collander Richardson only running the 200? Our 4 by 4 is going to have a hard time even medaling in Paris

Comment

Colander-Richardson is running the shorter sprints from now on. She will be running the 100m and 200m. Those are the events that she will definitely excel in. The 400m will definitely take a hit in the US this year.

Comment

and so will our chances of winning the relay in the worlds

Comment

With the womens sprints so deep and the 400 so thin right now, why would a 49. runner like Collender Richardson move down. It seems to me some of the other ladies should start thinking about moving up if they want to get to Athens. (at least on a relay)

Comment

I am her husband. She moved down because she was NEVER a 400m runner in high school or college. She only ran the 400m because she had a quad injury coming out of college and she could not build up for the sprints properly. She has a lot of talent in the 400m, but it mentally drains her to run it. She's good at it, but doesn't like it and will not run it. I feel she has finally found her events in the 100m and 200m. She will do well, and of course she may run a 400m every now and then and then run on the relay. With Michelle coming back next year, Jearl, Sanya and a few others, we should be ok for Athens.

Comment

>Well here are my predictions for the
                          >sprints/hurdles:

100m:
                          Montgomery, Gatlin,
                          >Miller
                          White, Gaines, Edwards

200m:
                          Gatlin,
                          >Johnson, Capel
                          White, Colander-Richardson,
                          >Lee

No Allyson Felix in the 2? World leader, has done 22.11A/22.51/22.52? Will be well rested, meanwhile Lee will be fatigued from a ton of races at NCAA champs just days prior. I'll go out on a limb here, Felix wins the title. Won't be easy as White is rounding into shape & we're tempted to discount Felix's age, but if White doesn't start very well she won't beat Felix on that straight. Colander-Richardson is a wild card, since she hasn't run an outdoor 2 yet.

White will strongly challenge for the 100 title, but I don't see her beating Gaines on her old school's track. I'd put her 2nd. Gatlin is a wild card, but hasn't raced so he'll be too rusty to make the 100 team IMO.

Comment

men 200m we keep dissing Doc Patton

Comment

If any race at nationals is deeper or more excting then the womens 200, it'll be the Mens 200. The women have, as I see it, five athletes who could be medal threats at Paris (White, Felix, Jenkins, Collender Richardson and Miller). The men are so deep that a possible Paris Medalist could end up in lane 1 at trials.
                              Let's hope for a warm day, a 1.9 breeze and great times.

Comment

Working...
                              X