Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drake Relays 2015

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Drake Relays 2015

    Renaud Lavillenie over Brad Walker in the Wednesday Street Vault. Looks like Walker led based upon fewer misses at 5.70/18-8¼ but missed at 5.80/19-0¼ while Lavillenie cleared on his first attempt before bowing out at 5.90/19-4¾.

    Barber missed thrice at 5.50/18-0½, finishing in a tie for 3rd.

  • #2
    Zach Ziemek has almost 4000 (3946) on his second day (his weak day) and hits a near-PR of 7964 in his first competition since last summer.

    Comment


    • #3
      Has anyone seen start lists for friday? This from @emenews: "What a field for Friday´s @DrakeRelays 400 m: Merritt, James, Santos, Al-Masrahi, Ch.Taylor, McQuay, Mance, Wariner."
      That is certainly a great field and i want to see what else is going on tomorrow, but i can't find a start list, the live results page is empty for tomorrow.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by norunner View Post
        Has anyone seen start lists for friday? This from @emenews: "What a field for Friday´s @DrakeRelays 400 m: Merritt, James, Santos, Al-Masrahi, Ch.Taylor, McQuay, Mance, Wariner."
        That is certainly a great field and i want to see what else is going on tomorrow, but i can't find a start list, the live results page is empty for tomorrow.
        The start lists are finally posted, and the Mens 400 is as great as advertised:

        1 Mance
        2 Santos
        3 Al-Masrahi
        4 Merritt
        5 James
        6 Brown
        7 McQuay
        8 Roberts

        That's 2014 World Rankers 1-2-4-5-7-8-10
        The other “Beijing WC Preview” events are almost as great, Should be a terrific night.

        Comment


        • #5
          Damn! Tough to get a good lane for some of those guys.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post
            Renaud Lavillenie over Brad Walker in the Wednesday Street Vault. Looks like Walker led based upon fewer misses at 5.70/18-8¼ but missed at 5.80/19-0¼ while Lavillenie cleared on his first attempt before bowing out at 5.90/19-4¾.

            Barber missed thrice at 5.50/18-0½, finishing in a tie for 3rd.
            What happened to Barber? He has had a couple meets in a row under 5.50

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dave View Post
              What happened to Barber? He has had a couple meets in a row under 5.50
              Mmm, you are right. Apart from his outdoor opener (5.90) his three next outings were disappointing (5.57 and a double 5.35)... I wonder if he is injured or, more probably, if he has problems adapting himself to the weather conditions. Indoor PV is much easier, with no headwinds or tailwinds nor cold. I think I am right, since last year he was much more consistent indoor than outdoor.

              However, do some of you know if Christina Hillman, the shot putter, is injured? She skipped the indoor season and threw less than 16m today....

              Comment


              • #8
                I found it hard to locate the start lists. Here's a link for today.

                http://results.flotrack.org/2015/04-...php?D=3&EN=456

                Comment


                • #9
                  I saw Barber jump at Mt. SAC and after he won he had an ice bag on his right arm/hand.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Maybe he is tired from traveling to his home country and back.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Kirani 44.22 cruising in the last steps.

                      Effing Batman!
                      Last edited by booond; 04-25-2015, 12:39 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Demi Payne gets the OUTdoor CR with 15-3.50, but Stefanidi wins at 15-5.50, tying her PR & Greek record!
                        Lots of passing going on, with Stefanidi attempting 15-9.25 (but missing!).
                        Payne's last try was at 15-7.25.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          WTF???
                          Demi Payne just tweeted...
                          For those who don't know, a couple of the elite girls did not want to jump with a box collar, so my jump will not count as an NCAA record.

                          WHAT the F--K is a box collar???

                          ADD: Brad Walker, among others, are tweeting how utterly ridiculous this is....and blasting the NCAA for not honoring a record made at a USATF event!!

                          Several tweets so far!
                          Last edited by aaronk; 04-25-2015, 01:51 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                            WTF???
                            Demi Payne just tweeted...
                            For those who don't know, a couple of the elite girls did not want to jump with a box collar, so my jump will not count as an NCAA record.

                            WHAT the F--K is a box collar???

                            ADD: Brad Walker, among others, are tweeting how utterly ridiculous this is....and blasting the NCAA for not honoring a record made at a USATF event!!

                            Several tweets so far!
                            It's the little yellow pad that covers the box. That's a ridiculous rule.

                            She's had a couple tough moments with no height at indoors and this, but I can't feel too bad when she is doing so well. It will prolly just help motivate her to jump higher. She's an incredible vaulter. Very graceful.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Lucky for Payne, there is no such thing as an "NCAA record" as they don't recognize anything apart from championship records.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X