Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asafa Powell goes 9.99 legal

This year's OG men's 100m looks like being a USA vs Caribbean showdown.

Asafa Powell ran 9.99 (1.8) in Spanish Town, Jamaica, on June 12th. Add him to Steve Mullings (10.05 a week ago), Kim Collins and Darrel Brown and Caribbean sprinting has probably never been so strong.

Re: Asafa Powell goes 9.99 legal

Who's that other young Jamaican guy who looks pretty nifty in the sprints? Not many people talk about him, but he surely contributes to the Caribbean sprinting force! Something... Blot...? ;-)

Comment

>Who's that other young Jamaican guy who looks pretty nifty in the sprints?

Pah! He runs 200m/400m, he's not a sprinter! :-)

Comment

And the next generation can also be glimpsed...Powell's 9.99 was in an invitational 100m during the Jamaican national junior champs. The national junior champ was Remaldo Rose, born November 1987 (!), who ran 10.33 (2.0 wind). Not bad for a kid who won't be 17 until November!

Comment

>Pah! He runs 200m/400m, he's not a sprinter! :-)

>How bad is the quality after converting it in a store? Gah!

You two almost could be the same person

Comment

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. My comment was good-natured, hence the :-) at the end of it. Did I say something that caused offence?

Comment

>I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

I had never seen GAH! and PAH! (whatever they may mean) before this weekend...another contributer also uses one of those expressions...that was all.

Comment

OK, cool.

Anyway, we have a new fastest man in the world for 2004 to date...first man under 10.00 this year. And in my list of Caribbean sprinters, I forgot Michael Frater, with his 10.06. Things are starting to get very interesting...

Comment

By the way, that 9.99 is even more impressive as it wasn't done on the fast track at the National Stadium but on the slow POS at GC Foster College. OK, so POS might be a bit harsh, but let's just say it is not conducive to the running of fast times.
                  why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Has he peaked too soon?

Comment

Doubt it. I am always worried about injuries with athletes coached by his coach though. He can get speed out of his athletes but because they are so finely tuned if anything goes slightly awry injury is a not uncommon outcome. He really (the coach) can get speed out of his athletes though, has been doing it since he was a HS coach (used to coach the Fraters)
                      why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X