Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 USATF Formchart

Nice to see the formchart on the homepage for the men. Can't wait to see the W800 picks. If I've figured correctly, there are ten active women under 2:00; Ajee Wilson, Alysia Montano, Maggie Vessey, Molly Beckwith-Ludlow, Brenda Martinez, Chanelle Price, Laura Roesler, Geena Gall, Kate Grace, and ... Mary Cain. Wow! I'd say Wilson is a shoo-in, then, I'll say Martinez and probably Montano, but I'd like to see how Roesler is running the next month or so.

or the Women's 100-meter hurdles.

Comment

women's chart now up

Comment

Men's SP and 110H, too.

Comment

The American Women are super deep in...

100, 200, 400, 800, 100h, LJ.

Comment

If I am not mistaken, Huddle will be competing in 10000m. And I think she should be in the top 2.

Comment

wonder why Walter Dix is ranked so high ?

Comment

I look for Ryan Bailey to go a little higher than #5 and 6.

Comment

On the Women's formchart:

100--Tarmoh over Jeter & Prandini?
                  200--No Whitney in the 200---anywhere?
                  800--So many potential WC medalists will be left home! Start with Price, Roesler & Vessey!
                  1500--Right now, I'm doubtful of Cain! Efraimson's coach said recently she might be ready for 3:59---so I'd pick Efraimson over Cain---now! And don't underestimate Kampf, Sarah Brown, or Uceny!
                  SC--One (or more) of the Collegians---Frerichs, Quigley, O'Connor---should be in 2nd or 3rd (behind Coburn!).
                  5000 & 10000--Huddle's almost certainly doing 10K only! Sisson also in 10K? Why is Tully so low?
                  100H--Same thing I said as in 800---so many potential WC medalists not going!--Both Harrisons, Ali, Castlin, Jones! And Rollins????
                  400H--Is Sydney McLaughlin too young (again!) to be considered??
                  HJ--What has Barrett done THIS year? Anything?? Don't think so!
                  LJ--Chelsea Hayes is having best year since she shocked with that 23 footer!
                  SP--One who could shock is Saunders! I'd put JCW in top 3!
                  JT--Why isn't Haley Crouser SOMEWHERE in top 10??
                  Hept--Should be GREAT fight for 2nd & 3rd spot!

Comment

I think that the list should include some sort of marker if the athlete has a bye for the WC. Based on previous years most of these athletes will not compete in their specialized events. For example - Eaton will not compete in the Decathlon so there is no point to rank him number one. Similarly, it is doubtful that Gatlin (100) and Felix (200) will compete in their events.
                    Aaron list:
                    100h - Rollins has a bye so she will be in Beijing
                    Hept - Nwaba is a clear favorite for the team and likely to challenge Day for the first place. The fight for the third place will be GREAT and may push the women above 6,200. I would put Bougard in fourth just behind Williams.
                    Dec - Scantling over Taiwo - not in my book. But I know one of us will be extremely happy with this result.

Comment

Only fair I do the Men too!

100 & 200--Bromell should be in top 3---for both!! I'd put Spearmon higher!
                      400--Why isn't 44.44 man Norwood in top 3? And Glass should be higher too!
                      800--Symmonds? Besides chewing gum & running a 1500 in 3:44, he's not done much this year!! Shouldn't 600 INdoor AR holder Loxsom be higher?
                      1500--Is Lomong running the 1500? Why is Leer just 6th? Will Grant Fisher be an entrant?
                      5000 & 10000--Is Rupp doubling? Also on Rupp--what's HE done THIS year?? I'd put Ben True in top 3---of either distance!!
                      110H--Merritt just 4th?
                      400H--Why is 48.44 man Stigler not in top 3?
                      HJ--Watch for possible Collegian in top 3--Duffield and/or McBride.
                      LJ--Why isn't Dendy 1st---or at least in top 3?
                      SP--Like with the Women's 800 & 100H, there's at least 2 potential medalists that's gonna be left home---Crouser and Cantwell!
                      HT--Is McCullough foregoing competing for Ireland?
                      Dec--Should be GREAT fight for 3rd!

Comment

Some thoughts:

1. The w800 has gotten pretty competitive if someone who just ran a solo 800 in 2-flat is listed 9th.

2. Steeple seems off for Leah O'Connor. She is the defending NCAA champ, ran a really fast mile that certainly would see off Quigley, the collegian listed above (when was the last time she lost to a collegian in the Steeple, plus she has looked good in Cross and the Mile).

3. Abbey D’Agostino [8th in 5000 behind two collegians, one a sophomore] illustrates how even some of the most promising collegians struggle in the transition to professional running.

4. The sprinter/long jumpers are making marks in both

5. Despite at 48.x carry in the 4x400, SRR is still only ranked third.

6. The newcomers are affecting the (usually mature) shot, led by a freshman!
                        7 Raven Saunders Southern Illinois
                        8 Tori Bliss LSU
                        9 Becky O’Brien unattached
                        10 Christina Hillman Iowa State
                        AND, OF COURSE:

7. Woman's hurdles are insanely competitive with good runners (e.g., Lolo) not making the Finals even, much less the podium.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                          On the Women's formchart:

100--Tarmoh over Jeter & Prandini?
                          200--No Whitney in the 200---anywhere?
                          800--So many potential WC medalists will be left home! Start with Price, Roesler & Vessey!
                          1500--Right now, I'm doubtful of Cain! Efraimson's coach said recently she might be ready for 3:59---so I'd pick Efraimson over Cain---now! And don't underestimate Kampf, Sarah Brown, or Uceny!
                          SC--One (or more) of the Collegians---Frerichs, Quigley, O'Connor---should be in 2nd or 3rd (behind Coburn!).
                          5000 & 10000--Huddle's almost certainly doing 10K only! Sisson also in 10K? Why is Tully so low?
                          100H--Same thing I said as in 800---so many potential WC medalists not going!--Both Harrisons, Ali, Castlin, Jones! And Rollins????
                          400H--Is Sydney McLaughlin too young (again!) to be considered??
                          HJ--What has Barrett done THIS year? Anything?? Don't think so!
                          LJ--Chelsea Hayes is having best year since she shocked with that 23 footer!
                          SP--One who could shock is Saunders! I'd put JCW in top 3!
                          JT--Why isn't Haley Crouser SOMEWHERE in top 10??
                          Hept--Should be GREAT fight for 2nd & 3rd spot!
                          100- It is ridiculous that the WL, Prandini, in the 100m is 8th and yet they have Okolo in 2nd for the 400m?! Makes no senseā€¦
                          (I do think Jeter looks pretty bad right now though). We will see how she runs at Oxy.
                          I also think Todd should be on the list. She beat some of the people that are ahead of her and she is running very well.

200- I agree that Whitney should be on the list and Ekpone should def not. She has looked awful all year. I dk whats join on with her?

LJ- I think Saunders from Kentucky should be on the top 10. I also think Todd might pop a big one soon, and earn her way on.

Comment

Jeter just ran 11.21 with a +.3 wind.

Comment

hip surgery for Brigitta Barrett,almost certainly no competition this year

Comment

Working...
                              X