Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhymans View Post
    Though British I couldn't grudge Harrison his win - he was terrific in '96
    But that's the thing, Harrison wasn’t terrific in 1996, he was terrific in exactly two meets, both in Atlanta. His 1996 season was notable because he’d done absolutely nothing before the US champs in June. He came out, did a 16.80 qualifying, then boom, that windy 18.01 in the final . He then went away again and came back out for the Olympics. Post Olympics his best meet was Monaco (17.42).

Kersee often kept his athletes off the circuit and prepared them behind closed doors, but even by his standards Harrison was infamously reclusive - even his agent had difficulty tracking him down – and used to call it “going into a cocoon”. Me, personally, I don’t like this type of preparation. So I definitely do begrudge him the win over Edwards, and am thankful the Brit managed to win in Sydney.

Comment

He's at it again, 18.08m in Havana, no wind info though.

Comment

I assume same meet where Denia Caballero threw discus 69,51

Comment

Huge results from both! But I do think Taylor's mark in Ostrava (17.50+) was not less impressive given the conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Pakilo View Post
            I assume same meet where Denia Caballero threw discus 69,51
            Indeed it's the same, I think the meet was on many days and this big result came in day one. However, do you know if Yarelis Barrios retired? She hasn't been competing since 2013... if she has not, Cuba has now a trio of international female discus throwers (she, Caballero and Perez).

Comment

Originally posted by norunner View Post
              He's at it again, 18.08m in Havana, no wind info though.
              0.0 although I don't know if that's plus or minus :-)

Comment

So Pichardo is now only the second man to have 2+ legal jumps over 18m EVER.

Comment

Working...
                X