Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Diamond League on Universal Sports?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zues2014
    replied
    My "sports" pack includes both Universal Sports and BEIN Sports.

I only subscribe to the package during track season(May through September)

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Well, I bit the bullet and signed up for the package that provides the BeIN channel (662 here).

Leave a comment:

• Bob Duncan
    replied
    Originally posted by zues2014 View Post
    Just got an email back from BEIN Sports which says that they will be showing live all of the Diamond League meets except for the US meets(NY and Eugene) which will be on NBC.
    Great news! I was looking around on the web last night but couldn't confirm any of this.

Leave a comment:

• zues2014
    replied
    Just got an email back from BEIN Sports which says that they will be showing live all of the Diamond League meets except for the US meets(NY and Eugene) which will be on NBC.

Leave a comment:

• spammer
    replied
    For HD Diamond League in Mexico, this is a good free site:
    http://forum.rojadirecta.es/search.php?searchid=7443301

Leave a comment:

• spammer
    replied
    ^ Every other commercial on Universal Sports talks about how they will have the IAAF championships, the Triathlon championships, some bicycle championships, and some other garbage championships. Who on earth would watch a triathlon for fun? The rest of the time they show infomercials.

I'm not thrilled either, BeIN Sports is a much better channel and in the past have made an effort to show atleast a few of the World Challenge meets, which are much more important for me to be able to see than the Diamond League. They also have carried the official IAAF television show, which is a cool item for collectors.

For UK Residents, I would guess BBC will show the World Championships in their entirety in HD on iplayer. For US, BeIN and Universal are part of the same standalone sling tv package, which is $10/month with 30 days free. It would be $30 for the whole summer. To watch NBC, the only thing you need is an antenna.
    Last edited by spammer; 05-13-2015, 03:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IBswed
    replied
    Originally posted by spammer View Post
    ^Universal Sports will still show the World Championships, hopefully you're 3 free months will start at the end of this month and not today.
    Where did you see the World Championships are on USN? I was so happy to see that the Diamond league was on beIN as it comes free with my cable service. USN is part of a sports package you have to pay extra for. Now I guess I'll have to shell out a few bucks more just to see all of Beijing.

Leave a comment:

• tm71
    replied
    Originally posted by zues2014 View Post
    Doha 12 noon ET this Friday, May 15th.
    12 noon is the same as 9 am pacific but anyway. the change makes no difference for me as I have both channels but pay a little extra for them. I suppose the usual team
    of commentators who are on the international feed for the diamond league meets will be commenting (I think it was Stuart Storey and Tim Hutchings for most meets last year). I still think that Pre and New York along with Zurich and Brussels are on NBC.

Leave a comment:

• bhall
    replied
    I've been a SlingTV subscriber since it was in BETA and have had a very good experience. Base package is $20/month and the add-on sports package is an additional $5. If it matters, I am a "cord never," not having cable or a TV since getting out of school. Universal is also part of SlingTV along with a multitude of ESPN channels. You also can login to WatchESPN with SlingTV as your provider to watch all the one off stuff ESPN3 and SECTV have that don't make the main channels.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    I called them and signed up. If they do all the diamond league meets it will be a deal. Also get to watch cycling tour of Italy.

Leave a comment:

• bruce3404
    replied
    Thanks for the BEin info. I stupidly paid $13 for a month of Universal Sports on DISH (at least I got to watch Drake), but BEin is part of the 250 channel package and won't require additional fees. Will be happy to not have to watch that horrible SD feed on a 10' screen.

Leave a comment:

• trackstar
    replied
    Agreed. It was ridiculous that I had to switch to a TV provider that carried Universal Sports, only so I could get a better picture on the Universal website. If we're lucky, BeIn will pick up the World Marathon Majors as well. (Of course, I don't think the problems is Universal, but DirecTV refusing to carry it in HD. So I guess really what I ought to do is go back to cable or some other provider.)

Leave a comment:

• donley2
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    My Direct TV guide shows both meets on Channel 620, in both HD and SD. Finally, all Diamond League meets in HD. I'm free at last.
    This is by far the best news from this switch. Watching the diamond league meets in SD was really painful.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    My Direct TV guide shows both meets on Channel 620, in both HD and SD. Finally, all Diamond League meets in HD. I'm free at last.

Leave a comment:

• player
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
    Any idea how much through comcast?
    I'm just investigating this myself but this seems to be the way:

http://www.comcast.com/x1sports/soccer

$4.99/mo Sport Entertainment Package that includes beIN as well as other channels like NFL Red Zone.

$4.99/mo is introductory offer for 12 months. After that $8.95 or $9.95 depending on area.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X