Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DL Fantasy - Doha

Since it is less than a week to go, I thought we should have a thread open.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

I hope they re-open the transfers... I picked one team, but for example I couldn't take Farah, Stowers or Pichardo because they weren't in the available lists....

Comment

Just moving my comment from other thread to this specifically relevant thread.

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
      This is what is found on the IAAF DL Fantasy site when you go in to register and make your team changes.

" Transfers Status - Open. The transfers option will be locked down at: 5/10/2015 1:00:00 PM(UTC). Next Event: Doha 5/10/2015"

Supposedly, according to the DL Fantasy site, the Doha DL is today, yet I do believe the meet is actually not for another 5 days. The event competitor lists are still referring to the events of the last competition from last year. But you are allowed to update your fantasy predictions from those lists of events that are not in Doha this year, and from competitors who are not going to Doha. And so, they sure are real fantasies this time around.

No wonder TNF worldwide struggles to retain relevance when the competence at IAAF is so minimal. Let's hope that Coe or Bubka can raise standards of administration.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasuke View Post
        I hope they re-open the transfers... I picked one team, but for example I couldn't take Farah, Stowers or Pichardo because they weren't in the available lists....
        I had noted on the other thread yesterday
        Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
        The Fantasy site says it is now locked down for the meet.
        The reason you couldn't choose the athlete you wanted, and specifically from a list of the athletes who are claimed by Doha to be competing next week, is because the lists they had up were from last year.

And now the whole thing is locked down for the meet that according to the IAAF DL site took place yesterday. I believe the people who are running the IAAF DL Fantasy web site were previously employed as economists and were managing the Greek economy. The IAAF should be drug testing its own staff for LSD and magic mushrooms

Comment

My predictions are

Women
          =====
          LJ - Bartoletta
          DIS - Perkovic
          400 - Richards-Ross
          HJ - Gordyeva
          1500 - Hassan
          200 - Felix
          100H - Stowers
          3000SC - Asefa

Men
          ===
          100 - Gatlin
          3000 - Farah
          SH - Kovacs
          PV - Lavillenie
          400H - Jackson
          JAV - Abdelrahman
          800 - Aman
          TJ - Pichardo

All I have to do now is choose my 4/5 male/female split with no more than 2 per country
          I will go with Lavillenie for Captain.

Oh - yes - I forgot. And hope that the twerps at IAAF Fantasy actually open up their Pandora's box so we can all vote

Comment

The powers that be that run the Fantasy site finally realised that it might be a good idea to communicate. A note has just come up advising they are updating the start lists and team selections will be open soon.

Comment

I was able to pick a team today.

Comment

Yes, the transfers are open. Let the tears flow :-P
                Last edited by Pego; 05-11-2015, 05:43 PM.
                "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Help an old man. Where the heck are the start lists? Thanks

Comment

I changed my team, even if I couldn't choose Stowers in the W100hs, I would have picked her because the MR is not that special.

Comment

Start lists http://doha.diamondleague.com/lists-...imetable-2015/

Comment

The most difficult aspect of Doha selection is choosing my 2 Americans. Stowers? Felix? Richards-Ross? Bartoletta? Reese? Gatlin? Kovacs? Jackson?

For the moment I have gone with Gatlin and Richards-Ross

Comment

Lavillenie out, hurt his shoulder falling across the finish line in the 4x100 of his club champs...

Comment

Team picked. This seems interesting.
                            Regards,
                            toyracer

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                              Lavillenie out, hurt his shoulder falling across the finish line in the 4x100 of his club champs...
                              Yeah saw that but not out of fantasy list...yet. I remember these guys are slow. Cantwell out too.

Comment

Working...
                              X