Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IOC strips US of Olympic relay medals in Tyson Gay doping case

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IOC strips US of Olympic relay medals in Tyson Gay doping case

    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/e89c5...ay-doping-case





    LONDON (AP) — The entire U.S. men's sprint relay team was stripped of its silver medal from the 2012 London Olympics on Wednesday as a result of Tyson Gay's doping case, two officials with knowledge of the decision told The Associated Press.

    The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because the decision has not yet been announced.

  • #2
    Good. That's what should've happened in the first place. Happy for Lemaitre and Vicaut.

    Comment


    • #3
      And not before time. I feel sorry for the other guys (except for Gatlin) having to lose their medals because of Gay. I wonder if their feelings towards Gay will change now that they have to return their medals?

      Also, while they won't do it, the IOC should still go back and take away the medals of 2004 USA 4x400 women's relay. It is wrong to allow that miscarriage of justice to continue to stand.
      Last edited by Tuariki; 05-13-2015, 07:56 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        A just punishment...
        And anyone who believes that there's not others they are living in OZ.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
          And not before time. I feel sorry for the other guys (except for Gatlin) having to lose their medals because of Gay. I wonder if their feelings towards Gay will change now that they have to return their medals?

          Also, while they won't do it, the IOC should still go back and take away the medals of 2004 USA 4x400 women's relay. It is wrong to allow that miscarriage of justice to continue to stand.
          There are a lot of medals from other countries that should be revoked as well but...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by booond View Post
            There are a lot of medals from other countries that should be revoked as well but...
            And we are surprised that on one gives a sh*t anymore about track? You watch a race and know that what you see might correspond with the actual results years down the road.

            We certainly won't see New England getting stripped of their Super Bowl win.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by booond View Post
              There are a lot of medals from other countries that should be revoked as well but...
              Totally agree...I'll never defend cheats...at least we have a decent drug testing program.

              Comment


              • #8
                Raeleen Boyle is in Oz, waiting for the medals stolen from her by Renate Stecher.
                And then there is the cheating by the Russian federation that destroyed Ian Campbell's Olympics, and stole his medal.

                At some stage you realize that Athletics, and other sports only really works for a narrow political elite.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mal View Post
                  Raeleen Boyle is in Oz, waiting for the medals stolen from her by Renate Stecher.
                  And then there is the cheating by the Russian federation that destroyed Ian Campbell's Olympics, and stole his medal.

                  At some stage you realize that Athletics, and other sports only really works for a narrow political elite.
                  There is a difference. Crystal Cox was tested positive. Therefore there was no justification for not taking away the medals from the other relay members.

                  However, Stecher was never tested positive, notwithstanding what was later discovered in Stasi files. And in the TJ it was not a drug issue but blatant cheating bny Russian officials that deprived Campbell, the Aussie WSU Cougar of the gold.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    And the "new" American record is:

                    37.38 USA:
                    Jeffery Demps
                    Darvis Patton
                    Trell Kimmons
                    Justin Gatlin
                    London, GBR 2012-Aug-10
                    37.38 (p) USA National Team:
                    Michael Rodgers
                    Justin Gatlin
                    Tyson Gay
                    Ryan Bailey
                    Nassau, BHS 2015-May-02

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                      And not before time. I feel sorry for the other guys (except for Gatlin) having to lose their medals because of Gay. I wonder if their feelings towards Gay will change now that they have to return their medals?

                      Also, while they won't do it, the IOC should still go back and take away the medals of 2004 USA 4x400 women's relay. It is wrong to allow that miscarriage of justice to continue to stand.
                      I am sure they would be pissed because that could be their only medal. As sons of the 400 runners were in the late 90s and early 00s with pettigrew and Jerome young.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If I was someone like Doc Patton, I would make them sue me to give the medal back.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by JumboElliott View Post
                          If I was someone like Doc Patton, I would make them sue me to give the medal back.
                          If he tries to hand it to them it'll be dropped.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Academic Question:

                            What could/can the IAF do if one of the relay runners, does not return his medal, saying, " Sorry, but I've looked everywhere, and I can't find it."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yeah, they each should have pawned their medals

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X