X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aaronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
    Jenny Simpson never trained in Oregon, or with NOP.
    OOPS!
    I thought it was Simpson who recently returned to Mark Wetmore from Oregon.
    Maybe I had her mixed up with Kara Goucher.

I know SOMEone returned to Wetmore & Colorado after a couple of years in Oregon!

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Kritzler
    replied
    Originally posted by aaronk View Post
    Others who have left Oregon for home includes Kara Goucher and Jenny Simpson
    Jenny Simpson never trained in Oregon, or with NOP.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    you guys are missing Aaron's focus: it's all about records, nothing else.

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    3. aaronk's new obsession will be Alexa Efraimson.

Leave a comment:

• rsb3
    replied
    The only facts that are currently available for public consumption are:
    1) Mary seems to be having a bit of a struggle at the moment, no idea how temporary this may be.
    2) aaronk. is thanking God.

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    That worked so well for Wariner when he finally broke the bonds of Clyde Hart. Oh wait . . . bad example.
    So is Alan Webb, etc etc!
    But recently Dathan Ritzenhein left the NOP camp & returned home.
    Others who have left Oregon for home includes Kara Goucher and Jenny Simpson, both of whom seem VERY happy after their moves!

But, as should be the case, Mary herself is the ONLY one who can tell us WHY she left!
    (Maybe she should use her time to write a book!)

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by aaronk View Post
    And now.....free of whatever (and WHOMever) she felt burdened with.....she's (relatively) FREE to pursue that SUCCESS!!!
    That worked so well for Wariner when he finally broke the bonds of Clyde Hart. Oh wait . . . bad example.

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    Originally posted by rsb3 View Post
    Praying for failure ??? Wow !!!
    Absolutely NOT!!
    For the exact opposite!!

And now.....free of whatever (and WHOMever) she felt burdened with.....she's (relatively) FREE to pursue that SUCCESS!!!

THAT is why I thanked The Big Guy!!

Leave a comment:

• rsb3
    replied
    Praying for failure ??? Wow !!!

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    To avoid (HAHAHAHA!!!) any undue criticism for any lengthy manifesto I might (and COULD!!) produce, I will summarize my feelings in three words:

IT'S
    ABOUT
    TIME!!!!!!!

Thank you, God!!

Leave a comment:

• KevinM
    replied
    Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    Nobody has any idea whatsoever whether this is even completely an issue with running/training/competing. The variables which could be involved with a college student 3000 miles away from home at age 18 or 19 are too many to even mention.

It really doesn't matter who has and hasn't been successful at it in the past.
    Nope it's gotta be Alberto. Ajee Wilson and Mary Cain are identical twins, after all.

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    What does this do for her enrollment in UP (she was attending classes, yes/no) ?
    Finals were at the end of April. So the idea that she is a typical college student going home for the summer is absolutely plausible. Obviously she's not going to take summer classes in the heart of her track season.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Nobody has any idea whatsoever whether this is even completely an issue with running/training/competing. The variables which could be involved with a college student 3000 miles away from home at age 18 or 19 are too many to even mention.

It really doesn't matter who has and hasn't been successful at it in the past.

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    Kinda hard to imagine the plan was go home and get a summer job at the Tasty Freeze. I suspect it was stay in Portland, train hard, race, try to run sub-4:00, qualify for Beijing, run in Beijing.

Leave a comment:

• unclezadok
    replied
    Insufficient data.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X