Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sub-2:00's yet!

Stop!
    As some of you know, I disagree with T&FN's idea of "absolute" records or lists!
    I totally separate INdoors from OUTdoors.
    So I KNOW there were some sub-2:00's INdoors in 2015---by Jenny Meadows.
    This thread is about OUTdoors ONLY!!

That said, I find it odd that it's now May 17th and, except for a few relay legs at the World Relays, there have been ZERO sub-2:00 800's so far this year!

You had most of the best Americans at the Hoka 1-1 meet....BEFORE the rains came!
    And NO sub-2's!

There was a good field in Shanghai, but no sub-2:00's.

You could say they're going to peak later, because of the August WC's.
    Or that it's not necessary to go all out now---you just need the Q time to get into the USATF meet.

All true.

But still, I can't remember a year----OG, WC or whatever----when we've gotten to May 17th withOUT someone---or someoneS----going 1:59.99 or faster!

Can anyone recall this happening before?

And I'm not talking about just the United States, but the entire world!
    Last edited by aaronk; 05-17-2015, 08:17 PM.

Looks like in 2013 the first sub 2:00 was on June 1st by Niyonsaba, along with the other ladies behind her who went under. It was ultimately the world lead as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
      Looks like in 2013 the first sub 2:00 was on June 1st by Niyonsaba, along with the other ladies behind her who went under.
      Not quite; Yekaterina Kupina ran 1:59.72 on May 26. Still later than May 17, though.

Comment

Looks like in 2013 the first sub 2:00 was on June 1st by Niyonsaba, along with the other ladies behind her who went under. It was ultimately the world lead as well.
        Wasn't it 2013 when Brenda Martinez ran that 1:59.69 (?) at the Re-RUN meet....although it was negated because of no cones on the curves?
        The date for that was early to mid-May!

Also, I'm pretty sure there have been some Russian sub-2's in May....or even April!
        Of course, maybe those have to be taken with a grain of salt now!!
        LOL

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut View Post
          Not quite; Yekaterina Kupina ran 1:59.72 on May 26. Still later than May 17, though.
          So what you're saying is for this unheard of situation we have to go all the way back to last year?
          Last edited by NotDutra5; 05-17-2015, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Going all the way back to 2013, Niyonsaba ran an Outdoor WL 2:00.33 at the Shanghai DL on 5/18 (per eTN vol 12, no. 32). Yes, that was a long time ago.

Comment

Young Alexa Efraimson reportedly ran 2:01.13 last night at U Portland...big PR!

Comment

Looks like in 2013 the first sub 2:00 was on June 1st by Niyonsaba ...
                After missing the 2013 WCs, and not competing at all last year following a reported move to the USA, Niyonsaba has had a couple of runs in Kenya: 2:10.9 in April, 2:11.9 on May 9. Will she be able to get back to her best form?

Comment

Originally posted by huntinwr View Post
                  Young Alexa Efraimson reportedly ran 2:01.13 last night at U Portland...big PR!
                  At Hoka One it was obvious she had more left but no one pushed her.

Comment

I think this puts her in the conversation for a Worlds spot at 1500 next month. Still a hard road, but less so than the 800.

Comment

Efraimson to #6 on the all-time U.S. Junior list

Comment

Originally posted by huntinwr View Post
                        I think this puts her in the conversation for a Worlds spot at 1500 next month. Still a hard road, but less so than the 800.
                        Assuming Simpson and Rowbury as 1/2, at this point, that third position is a bit wide open.

Comment

Simpson's wild card means four can go, so even more wide open.

Comment

Originally posted by player View Post
                            Simpson's wild card means four can go, so even more wide open.
                            Forgot, thanks.

Comment

You're welcome and thanks to T&FN for the qualifier list:

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/ind...le?arId=111543

Comment

Working...
                              X