Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local athlete wins NCAA DII LJ

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Local athlete wins NCAA DII LJ

    http://www.primetimetiming.com/liver...ncaad2outdoor/

    http://www.chattanoogan.com/2015/5/2...-Demarcus.aspx

    http://chadroneagles.com/news/2015/5...spx?path=track

    http://chadroneagles.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1670

    Legal jump of 26-3 3/4. Freshman Damarcus Simpson from LaFayette, Ga., just down the road from us here in Chattanooga. For some reason, they pronounce their city not like the city in Pennsylvania. Here it is Luh-FAY-it. Don't know why. And it's spelled with a capital F. Hats off to the LaFayette High Ramblers.
    Last edited by BillVol; 05-23-2015, 07:23 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by BillVol View Post
    http://www.primetimetiming.com/liver...ncaad2outdoor/

    http://www.chattanoogan.com/2015/5/2...-Demarcus.aspx

    http://chadroneagles.com/news/2015/5...spx?path=track

    http://chadroneagles.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1670

    Legal jump of 26-3 3/4. Freshman Demarcus Simpson from LaFayette, Ga., just down the road from us here in Chattanooga. For some reason, they pronounce their city not like the city in Pennsylvania. Here it is Luh-FAY-it. Don't know why. And it's spelled with a capital F. Hats off to the LaFayette High Ramblers.
    Congratulations to the young man and thanks for posting the links.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BillVol View Post
      the city in Pennsylvania.
      The Lafayette in Pennsylvania is a college (in the city of Easton). Perhaps you're thinking of Lafayette, LA, which I believe ends up being something along the lines of "laugh-yet" in the local accent.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks, Kevin. I should have known that. I've actually been there.

        Comment


        • #5
          Kinda like Beaufort (BOW-fert) SC and Beaufort (BEW-fert) NC

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
            Kinda like Beaufort (BOW-fert) SC and Beaufort (BEW-fert) NC
            Lone, I have another courthouse for you. James County, Tenn. Do you know about this? I saw the courthouse the other day. If you need a pic, holla!

            (Hint: James County no longer exists. It went belly up. Hamilton County absorbed it. But the courthouse still stands.)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
              Kinda like Beaufort (BOW-fert) SC and Beaufort (BEW-fert) NC
              Lone, I think you got those backwards. BTW, the SC town is home of Pat Conroy.

              http://www.sciway.net/ccr/sc-pronunciations.html
              Last edited by BillVol; 05-23-2015, 07:25 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BillVol View Post
                Lone, I think you got those backwards. BTW, the SC town is home of Pat Conroy.

                http://www.sciway.net/ccr/sc-pronunciations.html
                Could be.. it has been along time (circa 1981)since I have been to either place.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BillVol View Post
                  Lone, I have another courthouse for you. James County, Tenn. Do you know about this? I saw the courthouse the other day. If you need a pic, holla!

                  (Hint: James County no longer exists. It went belly up. Hamilton County absorbed it. But the courthouse still stands.)
                  Nope. I have literally hundreds of previous courthouses of both current and long gone counties but missed that one. I must have skirted Ooltweh, TN on I-75 but not a clue a beautiful old courthouse was hiding there.
                  Although my goal is to personally photograph each courthouse, I alway appreciate contributions.
                  Thanks, [email protected]

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X