Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by user4 View Post
    I consider him at this stage to be superior to what I saw of Bolt at age 19/20.
    I agree. Bolt was 22 at the Beijing Olympics in August 2008, when he first revealed his current potential for greatness. On the other hand, Xavier Carter was 20 in June 2006 and Walter Dix was 21 in June 2007.

Comment

Yes, I was thinking NCAAs here.

But honestly what Bromell is doing, the breadth and depth of accomplishments on such a competitive 100/200 sprint stage, I consider him at this stage to be superior to what I saw of Bolt at age 19/20.
      Bolt ran 19.93 at 17 yrs and 8 months.

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
        Sorry, I dont consider that to be superior to Bromell's NCAA 100 victory as a Freshman, ... not even close.

But to be fair , I never thought Bolt was going to be 1/2 of what he turned out to be as a 100/200 doubler. Always thought a guy that tall could never be a world beater 100m man. I was wrong, .. In fact I still dont understand it, the world is a strange place, where facts collide with preconceived notions and models about how things should be.
        Last edited by user4; 05-31-2015, 07:21 PM.

Comment

In fact I still dont understand it, the world is a strange place, where facts collide with preconceived notions and models about how things should be.
          Shelly-Ann Fraser is another runner who defies preconceptions about what was thought to be possible for someone of her stature.

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
            and 20.10 wth zero wind when he was 16 years 11 months. He was not a fast youth and junior over 100m as he only got going in the 100m later on. Bromell is a 100m talent among many talents in the 100m in the USA. Will he even qualify for this year's WC, running in the company of the three cheats? Far from certain.
            To compare Bromell with Bolt in any way at any time is a waste of time.

Comment

Did this meet do much damage to the formcharts?

Comment

let you know in a few days…. there's still the matter of actual declarations.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                  let you know in a few days…. there's still the matter of actual declarations.
                  Is there? I thought the newer format eliminated post-"regionals" declarations. That is, since these were prelim rounds, you don't get to decide whether you want to run the next round without it impacting other events...

Comment

Once the "prelim round" is done, no changes apart from scratches:

"Every possible effort will be made to replace a competitor in events not contested at the preliminary championships competition. A preliminary championships qualifier, who has earned advancement as prescribed in Rules 5-11.1 and 6-2.1, cannot be replaced. The
                    reporting of a medical scratch facilitates more equitable seeding in the event affected."

Comment

Working...
                    X