Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todd and Prandini are the Cheserek/Jenkins on the women's side of the Oregon team.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
      Olivia Ekpone failed to advance in the 100, finishing 34th with a time of 11.58+3.8w.
      I've wondered what has happened this year with Purvis, Ekpone and Kamaria Brown. Injuries perhaps? Though I noticed the younger ladies have been doing quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
        Todd and Prandini are the Cheserek/Jenkins on the women's side of the Oregon team.
        They are far better! They are both in the mix at the top in the WORLD not just at the NCAA level.

Comment

Originally posted by GoCard37 View Post
          They are far better! They are both in the mix at the top in the WORLD not just at the NCAA level.
          Calm down!

Comment

Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
            TX probably still has the guns to compete well in the 4x4 and win it;
            Not really unfortunately. After Okolo, Basiden, Spencer and Akinosun, the drop off is pretty significant in the sprints. Florida, who are also have the fastest time this season so far, would probably have an easier time of getting another leg should they loose one like Texas just did. And remember, Okolo split 49.5 last year. That's probably a close to full second faster than most ladies can produce.

Comment

Pretty good discus throwing for a Regional qualifying meet

1 Shelbi Vaughan 60.93m
              JR - Texas A&M 199-11
              Flight: 3
              2 Kelsey Card 59.91m
              JR - Wisconsin 196-6
              3 Samantha Hall 58.50m
              JR - UTEP 191-11

Comment

Originally posted by DCSIGMA View Post
                Jamin Todd 10.89w +4.0 great time nonetheless
                She just followed up with a 10.88 +3.7 in the quarterfinals

Comment

Prandini's heat is the only one w/legal wind.....texas got some serious wind.

Comment

Raevyn Rogers with a nice qualifying time 2:02.5. Didn't see the race so I'm not sure how hard she ran.

Comment

In the second heat of the steeplechase, Karoline Skatteboe of SMU, from Norway, fell badly on the very first hurdle. This led to a restart of the race, but only after 20-30 minutes of numerous medical personnel preparing her for stretcher transport to an ambulance. The SMU women's track & field webpage quotes the head coach, ""Karoline is laughing and smiling as of 11 p.m...tonight. We hope she will be okay and will learn from this." The laughing and smiling part is good, because it looked pretty serious.

Comment

Jasmine Todd again smoked the 100, and Jasmine Prandini won her 100 handily and advanced easily in the 200 with a 22.98 (+1.4). Very impressive also was Missouri-Kansas City junior Courtney Frerichs, who ran 9:48.30. (The announcer said this was an NCAA West Regional record. She had a 9:32.12 earlier at Payton Jordan.) Frerichs looks really clean over the water jumps and almost so over the barriers.

Comment

Not sure that the women's 1500 will be lacking. Here is just one of the 'quarterfinals' from the East Region.

1 Rhianwedd Price SO Miss State 4:10.95 Q 1 (1)
                          2 Marta Freitas JR Miss State 4:13.17 Q 1 (2)
                          3 Stephanie Schappert SR Villanova 4:13.26 Q 1 (3)
                          4 Katrina Coogan JR Georgetown 4:13.53 Q 1 (4)
                          5 Amanda Smith SR Virginia Tech 4:14.01 Q 1 (5)
                          6 Angel Piccirillo JR Villanova 4:15.44 q 1 (6)
                          7 Linden Hall SR Florida State 4:16.97 q 1 (7)

Comment

I still think that O'Connor will repeat as Steeple champ; she reeled off a 9:35, besting the 9:38 of Quigley run two heats earlier.

Comment

Just saw that Allie Saunders (SR - Texas State) went 13.64(44-9)/-2.3 on her third attempt. However, I am not sure that I trust those wind readings, as some other athletes had positive winds of similar sizes -- although I just checked and those were in Flight 3, not Flight 4 with the winning jump (and a lot of negative winds).

I also noticed that Raven Saunders had a mediocre series: 16:26 F 16.34 and was only sixth.

Comment

Ducks fans happy about results of E and W Regionals. Based on T&FN form chart revisions, Ducks now favored to win both men's and women's titles. Both Florida men and Texas women suffered the most from regionals with the failures of Florida's Bates to Q in either TJ or LJ and the injury to TXs Okolo and PVer Petrilosse's failure to qualify. Every projected Duck scorer moved on, with a total of 45 athletes split almost equally between men's and women's squads. Will be interesting to see the revised charts which will include performances at Regionals.

Comment

Working...
                                X