Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Shank
    replied
    When I got my tickets, sections 220 and 221 were still a darker shade of blue, indicating "high availability". This surprised me, because I consider those the best seats -- backstretch, higher up. Some of the sections on the curves, which provide the worst view, IMO, are sold out. WTF?

Meet organizers continue to under-value backstretch seats, and that's a good thing. In Moscow, we got great seats at ridiculously low prices.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

Leave a comment:

• bruce3404
    replied
    Same sections, but less seats. I'm friendly with one of the TrackTown USA staff.

Leave a comment:

• maggot
    replied
    I got on the site on the 28th when it was first available and then only a few sections were available. Today, the same sections are available.

Leave a comment:

• bruce3404
    replied
    Better think quickly about tickets. The website indicates that very few sections are still available and only a few sections in the corners have more than a "low" amount of seats left.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    My sister has a condo in Portland that they occupy about half the time (Point Reyes Station the other half). I think I can get away from home for long enough to go. I will have to start thinking about tickets, etc.

Leave a comment:

• bruce3404
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
    . We lived in Portland from '94 to '97, so we have friends we can stay with (presumably).
    Should that plan not work out, a bunch of us are staying at the PDX Radisson. Reasonable rates and a short drive to a free TriMet parking lot, then about 15 minutes by train from the Convention Center.

Leave a comment:

• Alan Shank
    replied
    I went ahead and bought a couple of seats in section 220, GA. I'm surprised that 220 and 221 were still available. I'm assuming (and hoping) that the section is specific and the seats are open seating. We lived in Portland from '94 to '97, so we have friends we can stay with (presumably).
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA, USA

Leave a comment:

• maggot
    replied
    Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
    Those tickets are selling fast! My guess is that they might be sold out by the end of the weekend. The final exact configurations are still a work in progress, so I guess that's why the remaining seats are GA and not numbered. I suppose it's possible that a few extras will hit the market once the exact configuration is determined. Great to see the early response; 2021 is going to be one tough ticket.
    Probably tougher in 2021-places to stay.

Leave a comment:

• maggot
    replied
    Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
    The good news is the drawings I've seen of the venue show that there's not a bad seat in the house; all in all a cozy atmosphere for a track meet. I'd guess the ticket limitation was to prevent scalping. A tip would be to try to get a hotel close to a Trimet MAX rail line since parking near the venue will be both costly and difficult and the train will drop you off right at the door. Best deals towards the weekend tend to be out near the airport and it's a short rail ride to the meet, though you might have to walk or drive a mile or so to park at a TriMet lot. Definitely a trip you can do without a rental car, if so inspired.
    Already have reservations at the Residence Inn within a mile of the convention center ($118/night senior rate includes breakfast). Definitely don't need a car.

Leave a comment:

• bruce3404
    replied
    Those tickets are selling fast! My guess is that they might be sold out by the end of the weekend. The final exact configurations are still a work in progress, so I guess that's why the remaining seats are GA and not numbered. I suppose it's possible that a few extras will hit the market once the exact configuration is determined. Great to see the early response; 2021 is going to be one tough ticket.

Leave a comment:

• Merner521
    replied
    Originally posted by maggot View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I got seats in section 115 on the turn, not bad. Another frustrating thing is that my group is 7 but I was not allowed to buy 7, only 6 or less so I bought 5 and had one of the others buy 2.
    Man, I love watching shot put, but those remaining lower sections looked like not a great view of the horizontal jumps, so i went with the 222 section for a more optimal view of all more field events and being somewhat even with the finish line. with 60/60h down the middle, homestretch/backstretch doesn't matter as much as with an outdoor meet.

I'm really excited that the PV is going to be free. I hope that it is well attended.

Leave a comment:

• bruce3404
    replied
    The good news is the drawings I've seen of the venue show that there's not a bad seat in the house; all in all a cozy atmosphere for a track meet. I'd guess the ticket limitation was to prevent scalping. A tip would be to try to get a hotel close to a Trimet MAX rail line since parking near the venue will be both costly and difficult and the train will drop you off right at the door. Best deals towards the weekend tend to be out near the airport and it's a short rail ride to the meet, though you might have to walk or drive a mile or so to park at a TriMet lot. Definitely a trip you can do without a rental car, if so inspired.

Leave a comment:

• maggot
    replied
    Thanks for the reply. I got seats in section 115 on the turn, not bad. Another frustrating thing is that my group is 7 but I was not allowed to buy 7, only 6 or less so I bought 5 and had one of the others buy 2.

Leave a comment:

• bruce3404
    replied
    I observed a steady line for hours in Portland yesterday for tickets. Keep in mind also that the IAAF gets an allotment, T&FN tours was no doubt in the early mix, members of the Oregon Track Club received priority and there was a pre-sale at a Tracktown Tuesday in Eugene. I don't have any idea how many tickets were swooped up prior to the online sale. Also, with only around 7000 seats in the arena, not surprising that sales have been brisk. Given that the state and city have budgeted large contributions to the staging of the event, perhaps there were some concessions made to make sure locals who wanted tickets received them, not unlike Olympic ticket sales in Brazil, for instance. I hope you were able to find some suitable seats.

Leave a comment:

• maggot
    started a topic World Indoor Tix

World Indoor Tix

I got on the site at 10 am this morning to purchase tickets only to discover that nothing was available on the homestretch and only 2 or 3 sections of the lowest level on the backstretch. Are all those reserved for "special" people or did people in Portland snap them up the evening before?
Working...
X