Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was one runner that was in the outer start block that cut in immediately rather than going out the curve until the cones mark the cut-in point (they later lapped this runner and the commentators discussed it. Maybe they got a mix-up on who that was.

Comment

Keen to see Levins' 5K/5K splits. He came from pretty far back and gradually moved up, catching and dropping a couple of clusters of guys, really pushing it and going after it. The crowd was about as loud for him as for the lead group. Really ran a good bit of the race rather alone.

Comment

Got up early to watch the Friday coverage. Thank god for Crammy and Hutchins, but the overall coverage was dreadful.
        I never saw a single LJ, Shot or Discus attempt whilst I watched avidly from Vesseys 800m victory till Mos win. One and a half hours plus.
        Is that level of competence that we can expect from coverage of DL, World Indoor and 2021 events to come.

Comment

7.11 & 22.12 and no one cares?

Comment

Originally posted by olorin View Post
            7.11 & 22.12 and no one cares?
            All true fans are interested in field events, perhaps not on this Forum. I read that the wind readings have not been confirmed yet. Is this true? More incompetence possibly. We should know immediately as its not exactly rocket science. Perhaps more weird wind readings fro Eugene.!!

Comment

Don't think the criticism of the lack of live coverage of the field events is entirely fair. This was "bonus" webcast coverage of non-DL distance races. It is generally the case that Diamond League telecasts start with DL track events even though DL field events may have gotten under way well earlier.

I'm sure the arrangement with NBC is that last night's field events will be included in today's coverage. Not ideal but specific to the situation.

As for Levins's 5k splits, exact numbers don't seem to be available but, just by eyeball, I would put his little group about 20 seconds back at 5k, which would give him something like 13:42/13:25 for his 27:07 (leaders running 13:22/13:28 if Hutchings was accurate).

Comment

Storl's form this spring has been pretty scary. I don't think he'll improve his SB at the Worlds by half a meter plus this time... but he won't have to.

I'm happy Kovacs won this one, though.

Comment

Storl is still throwing with the wrong technique because his knee isn't as well as they had hoped after the surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by player View Post
                    Don't think the criticism of the lack of live coverage of the field events is entirely fair. This was "bonus" webcast coverage of non-DL distance races. It is generally the case that Diamond League telecasts start with DL track events even though DL field events may have gotten under way well earlier.

I'm sure the arrangement with NBC is that last night's field events will be included in today's coverage. Not ideal but specific to the situation.

As for Levins's 5k splits, exact numbers don't seem to be available but, just by eyeball, I would put his little group about 20 seconds back at 5k, which would give him something like 13:42/13:25 for his 27:07 (leaders running 13:22/13:28 if Hutchings was accurate).
                    Don't know about "bonus"webcasts; all I know is that it is a DL meet and the fact that some field events were on a first evening is not relevant. Quite sure that the DL meet in late July in London will give a coverage that is worthy of the meet over the two days.

What's your excuse for no wind readings on the LJ results on my screen?? I have seen a site where all the LJ readings showed 0.0 wind ???

Comment

Originally posted by bennyg View Post
                      Don't know about "bonus"webcasts; all I know is that it is a DL meet and the fact that some field events were on a first evening is not relevant. Quite sure that the DL meet in late July in London will give a coverage that is worthy of the meet over the two days.

What's your excuse for no wind readings on the LJ results on my screen?? I have seen a site where all the LJ readings showed 0.0 wind ???
                      I note that the British Athletics site says that the July meet will be "the world's only two-day IAAF Diamond League meeting." Unlike Eugene, there will be a schedule of DL track events on each day and I suspect that schedule will define the window of live telecast coverage, per contractual arrangements.

As for the missing wind readings, I have no clue. Maybe they'll get posted when someone wakes up on the west coast.

Comment

All true fans are interested in field events, perhaps not on this Forum. I read that the wind readings have not been confirmed yet. Is this true? More incompetence possibly. We should know immediately as its not exactly rocket science. Perhaps more weird wind readings fro Eugene.!!
                        Seems to still be true. All the long jumps are already listed on the IAAF lists with the wind reading blank.

But if legal, that would make her US #4 all time and just crack the top 30 in the world all time!

Comment

USATF have tweeted it was windy - a +2.5m/s - so someone must have wind readings and hasn't entered them

Comment

Got up early to watch the Friday coverage. Thank god for Crammy and Hutchins, but the overall coverage was dreadful.
                            I never saw a single LJ, Shot or Discus attempt whilst I watched avidly from Vesseys 800m victory till Mos win. One and a half hours plus.
                            Is that level of competence that we can expect from coverage of DL, World Indoor and 2021 events to come.
                            They're not allow to show any DL events in the webcast. It's been that way for several years. Sounds like you could've used the extra sleep. Maybe you'd be a little less grouchy.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                              There was one runner that was in the outer start block that cut in immediately rather than going out the curve until the cones mark the cut-in point (they later lapped this runner and the commentators discussed it. Maybe they got a mix-up on who that was.
                              It was Nguse Amlosom of Eritrea and he was DQed.

Comment

Let's Run's take on the 10K (front page link to their 7 takeaways from Friday night) is that it was good advertising for having more 10Ks. I'll confirm that. My 13 y.o. daughter, fresh off her first track season and keen on sprinting, thought it was going to be a sleep-inducing bore. After the race, she piped up and said, "You know, that was pretty exciting!" She noticed all the lead changes and Cam Levin's race-within-a-race.

Comment

Working...
                                X