Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technical things.....I don't think we got any live wind readings on the field event results boards. The Jumbotron had some problems, main one being the font was so small it was hard for anyone over 40 to read the start/results lists. Stadium announcer did a great job of providing lap times and projected final time as the 10K progressed.

Comment

Without the televising of field events we got unnecessary filler from the talking heads who showed their weakness at not being able to fill those empty minutes. They need better preparation.

The DL website is the DL website a total shitshow every year. I'm on reporting websites every day of the year, if an internet company, even a small one, put out such a product they'd be mocked.

That said, once the runners took stage it was fun.

Comment

And for the locals, how about the pleasure of an evening of interenational-level track with no admission charge? Tough to find bargains like that anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by HopStepJump View Post
          They're not allow to show any DL events in the webcast. It's been that way for several years. Sounds like you could've used the extra sleep. Maybe you'd be a little less grouchy.
          Don't worry nbcsn will have Dwight show two minute highlights of last nights field events on this afternoons telecast !

Comment

Good start to the NBC telecast. Masback can be as good as Cram at times. Good w400. Felix looked smooth, and capable of more.

Comment

The wind readings in the Long jump were updated and Bartoletta unfortunately had a +2.5 wind on her 7.11 jump.

Still amazing none the less!

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                And for the locals, how about the pleasure of an evening of interenational-level track with no admission charge? Tough to find bargains like that anywhere else.
                Yep, looked like a big family or date night. Can't beat it for the price . . .

Comment

Originally posted by player View Post
                  Estrada and Mead get the World qualifier and will have a good shot at making the US team.
                  Not so fast. True just beat Sambu (among other people) in NYC 10k road. I think Rupp is a lock. That means two more spots for True, Estrada, Mead and Derrick (who still does not have the standard), and everyone else.

Comment

The 10K showed that these guys do not, at this time, have the stuff for 26:30 and better. They got to 4K in 10:40, so that's 26:40 pace, knock off a 2:30 last kilo and it's 26:30. But after the pacemaker left, they could not keep the pace up, despite Farah and Tanui taking turns. Kamworor would have no part of the "donkey work".

I guess Farah has complained about the pacemaking, but as far as they went, they did fine. If anyone is to blame, it's the organizers for not getting someone capable of going past 5 or 6K and keeping the 64s going. There must be some Kenyan/Ethiopian runners out there who are capable of running close to 27 themselves and could go 7K at 26:40 pace.

Right now, the only track 5/10K runners I see who are willing/able to forge a strong pace by themselves after the rabbits drop out are Almaz Ayana and "Baby Baby". I sure hope they race in Europe.
                    Cheers,
                    Alan Shank
                    Woodland, CA ,USA

Comment

Working...
                    X