Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
    Then we can have a pleasant thread about how he's the first Chinese athlete to jump 2.40.... :-)
    I think Zhang Guowei can jump 2.40 and maybe higher.. He looks quite a bit like Zhu Jian Hua in his bar clearance with his spread knees but Jian Hua barely had a curved run-up. They also had Ni Chih-Chin who beat Brumel's WR and jumped 2.29 (7-6) in 1970. Record did not count though due to China not being a member of the IAAF at that time. China also has the promising Yu Wang, 2.31 last year.

Certainly Barshim impressed with his total control and easy looking clearance. Looking ahead for more!!!

Comment

Then we can have a pleasant thread about how he's the first Chinese athlete to jump 2.40....
      Too funny . . .

Comment

Then we can have a pleasant thread about how he's the first Chinese athlete to jump 2.40.... :-)
        Nope, too technical an event.
        Plus it's field, so there's less passion 8)

Though pretty excited to have yet another contender to what might be one of the greatest times in HJ history. I mean... only 12 (16 with indoor) athletes ever cleared 2,40 and 5 (!!) (6 with indoor) of them are active right now. Can't say I'm not hoping more join the party!

Comment

• a treat for numbers geeks: the en route 1500s and 3000s are now posted to the front page

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
            a treat for numbers geeks: the en route 1500s and 3000s are now posted to the front page
            Great list.
            But noticed missing was the HS girls Mile.
            That was a fast and DEEP race.
            I'm sure most of the girls (except Aragon!) probably got 1500 PR's!

Comment

Working...
            X