Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the thought process is that she needs to do more 100 to work on her speed.

Comment

Originally posted by norunner View Post
      I'm sorry? A couple of days ago Felix was the HUGE fav for Beijing and now because of one race she should go back to the 100, where she would need to run 10.8 to win anything?
      SHe is Still the heavy FAv ...Dont get me wrong 22.29 is not a fluke ..But I think The 400 m has a big impact her first 100 m ....I would say go back to run 100 m to get the first 100 under control ....I want her to go 21.55 this yea ...I know she can do it

Comment

Felix under pressure in the home straight and fighting to get back to Dina who lead out of the turn. Felix certainly did not look like a 21.98 runner in that race.
        Tarmoh was leaning forward for the last 30m and won on the dip.
        Dina is really going to be a threat if not in Beijing but come Rio. I think she should focus on the 200.

Comment

Comparing this year to her previous year ....like 2011 ....Allyson is looking very strong

Comment

Yego has a huge, out of sector, throw. 90+ 1 inch out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriella2 View Post
              Felix under pressure in the home straight and fighting to get back to Dina who lead out of the turn. Felix certainly did not look like a 21.98 runner in that race.
              Dina is really going to be a threat if not in Beijing but come Rio. I think she should focus on the 200.
              She needs to stop running 400 races, she's no M.J.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriella2 View Post
                Agreed completely with all of this. Of all the persons I am mostly impressed with Dina Asher Smith. Most times it takes some time for Jr's to transition.... Not her though... And she's also ran actually less than most of the top runners this year. To he mixing it up with the likes of Felix and only being beaten by a dip in 0.01 must be a confidence booster to say the least.

I think she could do better at 100 in the long run but for next Rio I think she might have more success in the 200

Comment

W 100H poorly handled. Should have brought them up when the child cried. Also looked like Rollins flinched first, causing reaction from Stowers next to her.

Tough week for Stowers.

Comment

Damn.... Hassan BROKE Aregawi....

Comment

Very poor start from Felix ......This is the problem with her running 400 m ...The way she ran that fast in Doha ...is just because of all the speed training she had been doing for JA invite ....and now look what the 400 m work for eugene did to her ......SHe Has TO stop NOW with 400 ......very poor first 100m even tho she came back very strong....go back and run 100 m Felix ....

Comment

Felix first 100 in a 200 will always look bad if she goes up against persons with better 100m speed. Dina Asher Smith and Tarmoh both are superior to Felix over 100 UNLESS Felix is at her best.

I wouldn't be too concerned about Felix at all.... She's a sub-22 runner this season already.... Unless people start popping off sub-22 or she starts consistent running 22.5's then Miss Felix has nothing to worry about

Comment

Originally posted by player View Post
                          W 100H poorly handled. Should have brought them up when the child cried. Also looked like Rollins flinched first, causing reaction from Stowers next to her.

Tough week for Stowers.
                          If you notice, when they announced lane 7 to leave the track, Rollins started to walk away. I think she new she flinched first

Comment

Originally posted by player View Post

Tough week for Stowers.
                            I saw the same thing--it looked to me as if Rollins might have caused Stowers's reaction. But they showed the close-up of the false start only once and it was hard to be sure. Also was also hard to know what Stowers was saying to the officials, but she didn't seem to be pointing at Rollins or arguing very much about the false start.

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk View Post
                              Felix first 100 in a 200 will always look bad if she goes up against persons with better 100m speed. Dina Asher Smith and Tarmoh both are superior to Felix over 100 UNLESS Felix is at her best.

I wouldn't be too concerned about Felix at all.... She's a sub-22 runner this season already.... Unless people start popping off sub-22 or she starts consistent running 22.5's then Miss Felix has nothing to worry about

I know she still looked solid ....But i Still disagree ...Felix is way faster then dina and even tarmoh in 100m .....She is an experienced bend runner ...who can at times runs even Faster bends then her rival eventho she is slower then them on a straight 100m .

You know Yesterday i was thinking and I said to myself ....Do you really think she will win tommorow with all the 400m training she has been doing lately for eugene and later trials ....And look at the race today .....Ill tell you ...I have already seen enough ....If she doesnt drop the 400 and keep running it instead of 100....She will go With No medal ......

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                                If you notice, when they announced lane 7 to leave the track, Rollins started to walk away. I think she new she flinched first
                                Yes, I see that on a re-watch; Rollins was leaving and surprised to find herself still in the race.

And, for tandfman, yes, they only showed the close-up once but, on re-watch, it shows the same thing: Rollins moves first.

Obvious danger of relying on the reaction times is that one athlete can flinch first while keeping pressure on the blocks and causing other athlete to move out.
                                Last edited by player; 06-07-2015, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X