Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• •2015 mNCAA Teams: Oregon romps

Hi,
    I'm an Oregon T&F fan and have created a web app that helps me view and create formcharts and have set it up for the upcoming NCAA championship meet and I am happy to share it with others here.

Here is a link: Formchart tracker

Use the drop downs to select between Men and Women, and to view different projected finish orders, e.g. based on seed time, college best performance, TFRRS qualifying, and with the default being the Track & Field News' formchart projections.

Then you can change the projected finish order for each event by dragging the athlete's name up or down in the list. The app then automatically recalculates the team scoring. So it is easy to play with and see the results of alternate outcomes.

This is a hobby project and work in progress but I have had some success making it responsive to real time results and updating itself and adjusting team scores and projected finish orders based on preliminary and final rounds, so look for that during the meet.

Enjoy and let me know if you see any problems and I will attempt to fix them.
    Last edited by gh; 06-14-2015, 01:46 AM.

wow, just wow (well, I tried to put in just the single wow, but the minimal-character limitation rule did me in)

Comment

What a terrific tool!
      Looking forward to seeing the real-time updated projected scores after applying prelim and final results. That will be awesome.

Comment

So Bill Ogden are you a programmer by trade? That surely represents many many hours of work. Very impressive!!

Comment

Originally posted by donley2 View Post
          So Bill Ogden are you a programmer by trade? That surely represents many many hours of work. Very impressive!!
          Thanks. No, I'm just a retired researcher who has years of experience coding to support my work and usually find it enjoyable and rewarding. I'm not qualified to be a programmer by trade because I'm very slow and error prone, and so yes, the app represents many many hours.. lol.

Comment

as the day arrives…. BUMP!

Comment

2015 mNCAA Teams: Oregon favored

based on the formchart going in

1. Oregon 65
              2. Florida 63
              =3. LSU 59
              =3. Texas A&M 59
              5. Arkansas 36
              6. USC 35
              7. Mississippi State 23
              8. Georgia 22
              9. Virginia 21
              =10. Baylor 19
              =10. Florida State 19
              =10. Penn State 19

(oops, originally posted women's chart here) (blush)
              Last edited by gh; 06-10-2015, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Isn't USC favored if they lead the formchart?

Wrong formchart. This is the Women's chart.

Comment

1. Oregon 65 (2)
                  2. Florida 63 (1)
                  =3. LSU 59 (3)
                  =3. Texas A&M 59 (4)
                  5. Arkansas 36 (5)
                  6. USC 35 (6)
                  7. Mississippi State 23 (=8)
                  8. Georgia 22 (=8)
                  9. Virginia 21 (=16)
                  =10. Baylor 19 (12)
                  =10. Florida State 19 (=10)
                  =10. Penn State 19 (=10)

Comment

I almost forgot: the link to board member Bill Ogden's awesome formchart tracker:

http://web.nmsu.edu/~ogden/formtracker/ft-outdoor15.php

Comment

If Eugene is anything like Portland today, this will be a distance runner's dream. It is much cooler today than for the past few days. It is also nice and sunny.

Comment

I moved y our original weather post to its own thread!

Comment

Oregon picks up a point in the hammer.

Comment

A&M lost 8 points with Hart and Taplin not advancing in the 100m and 400m respectively.

Comment

I just looked at early results, and I think there is a tweak that you may consider.

Oregon was projected for 65 total points as a team with mHT contributing 5 points through Skipper. He actually finished in 3rd, giving him 6 points to add 1 point to the projection. Thus the projected score for Oregon should now be 66. The form tracker just adds the 6 Skipper points to the original projection to put Oregon at 71, which is misleading.

Cool tool, and I'm curious how it works. Just giving what I hope is constructive criticism.

Edit to add: also if prelims eliminate projected scorers, that should be updated in the projected score. Probably tough to do with multiple projections, though.

And another edit: if someone not projected makes the final in a lane race, they should be added as at least one in the projection. For instance, in the m800, Florida was projected for 2 points through Schnulle. He did not qualify for the final, so Florida should lose 2 projected points. However, Arroyo did qualify for the final and should score at least 1 point (assuming he finishes). So the net is Florida should lose 1 projected team point.
                              Last edited by mcgato; 06-11-2015, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X