X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pakilo
    replied
    Originally posted by Sasuke View Post
    I am so glad Yego was given right and his throw valid. A huge fighter, each time he was overcome in this race he could react and drop a bomb. And, to me, "sector foul" shouldn't even exist. I can't understand their meaning. In the SP, ok, if you go out of the place, but in the other throws...
    Sector is there for a reason, remember Salim Sdiri incident.. Or perhaps we should remove safety nets in hammer.
    My impression is this was a clear FOUL an it's a disgrace for the organizers that sector was marked only to 90m line. Though I would like to see Yego's regular 91 m soon cause this most likely wasn't.

Leave a comment:

• LopenUupunut
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    Yego 2-for-2 on close decisions? Wasn't there a question last week about his hand being over the line in Rome?
    That was in Ostrava; his Rome throw was OK.

Quick question: how accurately are these sectors measured and marked in the first place? The difference between a sector angle of 28.96° (what it should be) and a sector angle of 28.86° is about 15 cm that far out, and the sector line didn't appear 100% straight.
    Last edited by LopenUupunut; 06-07-2015, 07:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Yego 2-for-2 on close decisions? Wasn't there a question last week about his hand being over the line in Rome?

Leave a comment:

• norunner
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    I love it, but HOW? It was clearly out of the sector.
    How can it be out of a sector that was only marked upto the 90m line? They had to manually extend the sector to make the decision and i guess that manual extension was a good enough reason for a protest and reversal.
    Last edited by norunner; 06-07-2015, 06:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wamego relays champ
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    The IAAF report by Jon Mulkeen only says that the judges reversed their decision 20 minutes after the end of the meet. To me it looked out, but I only had a small screen view of a few fleeting seconds.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post
    Just checked the results again, and it looks like Yego won an appeal.
    91.39/299-10!

Leave a comment:

• Sasuke
    replied
    I am so glad Yego was given right and his throw valid. A huge fighter, each time he was overcome in this race he could react and drop a bomb. And, to me, "sector foul" shouldn't even exist. I can't understand their meaning. In the SP, ok, if you go out of the place, but in the other throws...

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Yego is such an amazing story. One of these days I wouldn't be surprised to see a 93m throw from him!

Leave a comment:

• wamego relays champ
    replied
    Originally posted by LopenUupunut View Post
    The sector had only been marked up to ~88 meters - they had to extend it to find out if Yego's throw was good or not... It seems to have been measured as 91.30.
    Just checked the results again, and it looks like Yego won an appeal.

91.39/299-10!

http://livecache.sportresult.com/nod...OxrV6NH9Jg2k=\

Leave a comment:

• LopenUupunut
    started a topic Yego's big Birmingham throw

Yego's big Birmingham throw

Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
    Yego has a huge, out of sector, throw. 90+ 1 inch out.
    The sector had only been marked up to ~88 meters - they had to extend it to find out if Yego's throw was good or not... It seems to have been measured as 91.30.

Walcott also had a big out-of-sector throw, though it was so far out it was hard to tell how big it was even by eyeballing. 85+ at any rate; very impressive series for him.
    Last edited by gh; 06-07-2015, 10:52 PM.
Working...
X