Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oliver View Post
    Up today I am getting the data from tilastopaja. Thank you to tilastopaja for this superb support.
    Hear, hear! tilastopaja is a great site.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

Comment

• Both German 4x4 were not selected, which means at the moment Qatar and TTO get the last spots.

Comment

• Amalie Hammild Iuel is now Norwegian (though her mark was set as a Dane).

(Thank God Denmark don't have a 4th under 56.20, would the program be able to handle such a situation? As well as being incredible from an athletic standpoint, with them having no other qualified athletes but 3 (or even 4!) in one event!)

(ETA: the situation being she ran a QT as a Dane, then switched to Norway but didn't run faster, while Denmark have 3 other qualified athletes. Temporarily pretend Kirkegaard ran anything between 55.93 and 56.20 (so slower than Iuel) and test it to see if K gets in.)
        Last edited by andyjgt; 07-29-2015, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• I'm almost certain the IAAF doesn't care for which country you ran your Q, so Amalie Hammild Iuel would have a Q for her 55.92. For Norway she ran a 56.36 at the U23-ECs, which at the moment would be good enough for a q.

Comment

• If you're trying to figure out who gets invited to fill the event quota, bear in mind that both tilastopaja and the iaaf keep separate indoor and outdoor lists. But indoor marks qualify for the World Championships, so in order to see who's in the top 32 (or whatever the number is for a particular event), you have to refer to both lists. This is particularly relevant in the jumping events and the shot put.

Comment

• but the point is that the link to the lists which form the premise for this thread do include indoors; iaaf and tisastopaja not needed.

Comment

• Of course indoor results are included, would be really stupid of us to forget something so obvious. We try to make the lists as accurate as possible. Latest addition: Athletes not selected by federations that announced their teams get an nS (for example Dina Asher-Smith 100m). These athletes will still be listed since federations can change their mind until august 10th, but they won't be counted (which is why there is no number in front of Dina).

Comment

• This is a fabulous app! Of course, the Kenyans listed are not necessarily those who will compete (Biwott in 800 is a 1500 man), but that's not the fault of the app design. Once they run their trials, starting day after tomorrow, the adjustments will be made, I'm sure.

Great job!
                  Cheers,
                  Alan Shank

Comment

• Oliver, I see you started putting the ns notation in front of some of the USA athletes who did not finish in the top 3 in the USATF champs. So in that case you should add back in the athletes (such as Russ Winger in the men's discus) who would make the list when you don't count the others against the three per nation limit.

Comment

• @ donley2: But this assumes USATF will not select athletes with a Q, but wait for the invite from the IAAF for Winger. Are you certain Brown and Madison won't be selected if Winger and Evans don't throw 65m in time? I guess it would be better to still count Brown and Madison since the US will probably send three discus throwers, no matter who they are.

Comment

• I will not get a perfect solution out.
                        The assumption is, if a country has made a selection, then the athlete will not be taken deliberately with a large Q.
                        How are the USATF rules? If Russ Winger and Andrew Evans are not able to overtake 65m until XXX then Madison and Brown are getting selected.

Comment

• @donley2: I will made an exception for US athletes tomorrow. Now small boys in Europe have to sleep.

Comment

• The USATF procedures say this

In some events, the IAAF may invite athletes based on the IAAF ranking lists in order to reach the target number of competitors for each event as listed by the IAAF for the 2015 IAAF World Championships. USATF shall accept any invitations extended to U.S. athletes if such acceptance does not displace an athlete who has finished ahead of the invited athlete(s) at the Trials and who has met the qualifying standard or who is also in a position to receive an IAAF invitation. In the event that one or more of the top three placers in the Trials has not met the qualifying standard but has a performance that appears to be good enough to warrant an invitation based on the ranking list and number of known qualifiers, USATF may solicit an invitation from the IAAF for that athlete(s) notwithstanding that other U.S. athletes have met the qualifying standard. The intent is that, to the extent possible, the order of finish at the U. S. Championships shall determine whether an athlete competes in the World Championships. There will be no invitations through the use of the ranking lists in the 5,000m, 10,000m, race walk and marathon.

But I think for the purposes of your list if you are not going to count (for example Madison and Brown in the discus) you should count two americans.

Comment

• @donley2: Thanks for the explanation. I have corrected the lists.

Comment

• I believe the issues sits not at what the USATF wants to, or says they will, do about who they select but sits with what the IAAF will allow the USATF to do.
                                and of course the same for any other country
                                Tom Hyland:
                                "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

Working...
                                X