X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cladthin
    replied
    Originally posted by tamabi View Post
    France has harder qualifying standards for many events.
    But in the end, it's at the discretion of the Technical Director, and they most likely would send a weak qualifier if it were a promising youngster who'd thus be able to get their first experience in a big championship.
    That's what one would hope of all federations. If an athlete is young and close to getting the auto qualifier anyways that would work for the OGs, the experience could prove to be invaluable.

Leave a comment:

• tamabi
    replied
    France has harder qualifying standards for many events.
    But in the end, it's at the discretion of the Technical Director, and they most likely would send a weak qualifier if it were a promising youngster who'd thus be able to get their first experience in a big championship.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman View Post
    Yes, it's entirely possible that a good number of those "weak" qualifiers won't be in Beijing.
    Neither NZ nor Australia would ever select weak qualifiers just because they managed to win the Oceanias.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Yes, it's entirely possible that a good number of those "weak" qualifiers won't be in Beijing.

Leave a comment:

• donley2
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman View Post
    I don't know that there's anything to figure out. Oceania is an IAAF Area, it has an Area Championships, and the winner is the Area Champion. Therefore, he/she gets a Q. I don't know of any reason to doubt that, even though the winners' performances in that meet were quite inferior to those of other Area Championships.
    If everyone agrees thats the case, then the real question becomes which federations are likely to actually take advantage of these somewhat "weak" qualifiers.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Originally posted by cladthin View Post
    There is at least one national federation in Europe that will not send their athletes if they don't get the auto qualifier (regardless if the individual has qualified to fill the field of a respective event).
    I think there's a number of European federations that set their own qualifying criteria. Poland has tougher qualifying marks than the IAAF's ones in many events, as well as a shorter qualifying period and (at least formally) a requirement to achieve the standard twice.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by donley2 View Post
    So we decided the NACAC champs on Aug 7-9 are still remaining, but did we ever figure out what the situation is with the Oceania area as far as the "Area Champion" designation?
    I don't know that there's anything to figure out. Oceania is an IAAF Area, it has an Area Championships, and the winner is the Area Champion. Therefore, he/she gets a Q. I don't know of any reason to doubt that, even though the winners' performances in that meet were quite inferior to those of other Area Championships.

Leave a comment:

• cladthin
    replied
    There is at least one national federation in Europe that will not send their athletes if they don't get the auto qualifier (regardless if the individual has qualified to fill the field of a respective event).

Leave a comment:

• nianchengyu1
    replied
    Originally posted by Oliver View Post
    @nianchenqyu1: There is a small bug in the program. Unfortunaly I don't have time to fix it in the moment. Not later than next weekend I'll take care of it.
    Thank a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Oliver
    replied
    @nianchenqyu1: There is a small bug in the program. Unfortunaly I don't have time to fix it in the moment. Not later than next weekend I'll take care of it.

Leave a comment:

• nianchengyu1
    replied
    Gao Xinglong is Asain LJ Champion this year.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Originally posted by Oliver View Post
    @Powell: Do you now something about the injury of Kasprzyka? She will not come back this year?
    She won't. She tore her achilles at the NYC DL, and Beijing is definitely out of the question.

Leave a comment:

• Oliver
    replied
    Kerri Gallager is now selected.

I don't have a rule for breaking ties. The athletes who find the program first will be displayed first in the list.

@Powell: Do you now something about the injury of Kasprzyka? She will not come back this year?

Leave a comment:

• donley2
    replied
    In the women's 1500 Kerri Gallagher should be shown as S,Q as she was third in the USATF champs.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    I don't think every single woman on the list will be entered. Justyna Kasprzycka for one is out with an injury.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X