Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Shank
    replied
    In the W 5000, Laura Whittle's 14:34 was really 15:34, so she should be 30th, not 3rd, and on the bubble.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA, USA

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    surprisingly, they didn't use the 1.08 in crafting the qualifying standards (close, but not quite)

Leave a comment:

• Atanvarno
    replied
    Originally posted by player View Post
    I think the IAAF scoring tables would have to be employed for the purpose.
    or the well established 1.08 conversion factor

Leave a comment:

• norunner
    replied
    Originally posted by josephkenny View Post
    What a great tool, thank you.

I need help with the abbreviations -- AC and TFP particularly.
    AC = Area champion

TFP = I don't actually know what it stands for, but those are the top three in the IAAF combined events challenge 2014.

Leave a comment:

• donley2
    replied
    AC is Area Champion (Asian, African, European etc). Note sure about TFP

Leave a comment:

• player
    replied
    Originally posted by norunner View Post
    While looking at the 1500m list and the missing mile results player mentioned i saw a problem with the whole qualification system: the target number for 1500m is 45, how does the IAAF decide which athletes to invite in case less than 45 meet the standard? They have to use two separate world lists, 1500m and the mile, so how do they decide which result is worth more?
    Good question and an apparent defect in the qualifying standards as set out. However, as a matter of logic, I think the IAAF scoring tables would have to be employed for the purpose.

Leave a comment:

• josephkenny
    replied
    What a great tool, thank you.

I need help with the abbreviations -- AC and TFP particularly.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Originally posted by Pakilo View Post
    With 24 teams and three semis a quality is more dispersed and the chances are much smaller that between "same tier teams" one team be eliminated because someone was blocked during exchange and couldn't do much after.
    The quality is even more concentrated in the final, but you don't seem to have a problem with 8 teams running there.

Leave a comment:

• norunner
    replied
    While looking at the 1500m list and the missing mile results player mentioned i saw a problem with the whole qualification system: the target number for 1500m is 45, how does the IAAF decide which athletes to invite in case less than 45 meet the standard? They have to use two separate world lists, 1500m and the mile, so how do they decide which result is worth more?

Leave a comment:

• Pakilo
    replied
    Originally posted by norunner View Post
    Exchanges in a 4x4 can always be a mess, but why should they not run two semis with 8 to qualify for a final with 8 ? Two years ago in Moscow they had 24 teams in the m4x4 and three semis.
    With 24 teams and three semis a quality is more dispersed and the chances are much smaller that between "same tier teams" one team be eliminated because someone was blocked during exchange and couldn't do much after. Just the way I like it. And later in a final whatever happens...

Leave a comment:

• norunner
    replied
    Exchanges in a 4x4 can always be a mess, but why should they not run two semis with 8 to qualify for a final with 8 ? Two years ago in Moscow they had 24 teams in the m4x4 and three semis.

Leave a comment:

• Pakilo
    replied
    Thanks, I hope they will add more or at least divide those 16 in 4x400 into three heats. Two semis with 8 could be a mess during exchange.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Two years ago, all teams which met the qualifying standard could compete. The rules were changed for this edition of the WC.

As far as I can see, there is no provision in the qualification standards that says the host country has a guaranteed place in all relay events.

Leave a comment:

• Pakilo
    replied
    So if China has a guaranteed 4x400 place one team will have to drop out or more than 16 teams will start? In Moscow around 20 teams started in three heats, that's much better. I'm not sure what were the rules two years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Thanks, updated the list now. I was doing this manually, so if there are any other omissions, please report.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X