Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another glitch associated with the 1500/mile complication is that there are three athletes double listed in the top ranked 45: Iguider and Willis listed with both 1500 and mile times and Souleiman as both the AC and with his mile time.

I join others in expressing appreciation for the effort involved.

Comment

Originally posted by norunner View Post
      AC = Area champion

TFP = I don't actually know what it stands for, but those are the top three in the IAAF combined events challenge 2014.
      There are also some "TFP's" in the 10K's, which I believe are based on the World X-C championships. Must mean "totally free passage" >:-)
      Cheers,
      Alan Shank
      Woodland, CA, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
        There are also some "TFP's" in the 10K's, which I believe are based on the World X-C championships. Must mean "totally free passage" >:-)
        Or not, because I see at the bottom of the 10K lists are a bunch listed with "iaaf-world-cross-country-championships" listed as the venue and 1 JAN 2015 as the date. ???
        Cheers,
        Alan Shank

Comment

I also note that Ibrahim Jeilan does not have a qualifier. He also did not in 2013, but had the WC wild card. It's very tough these days to get a 10K qualifier, because so few meets run it.

BTW, I think "TFP" stands for "Top Finishing Position", from:

" Based on the finishing position at designated competitions as follows (in these cases the athletes shall also be considered as having achieved the entry standard):"

http://www.iaaf.org/news/iaaf-news/w...on-system-2015

Cheers,
          Alan Shank

Comment

I note also a very large number of Kenyan 10K men with qualifying times but "not in top three", and, surprisingly, five US women in the same boat.

Jeilan, BTW, is on the "met standard, not in top three" list for the 5000.
            Cheers,
            Alan Shank

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
              I also note that Ibrahim Jeilan does not have a qualifier. He also did not in 2013, but had the WC wild card. It's very tough these days to get a 10K qualifier, because so few meets run it.
              I can't remember when was the last time I saw women's 10K on European circuit and that WR is btw breakable nowadays but seems no one will organize the race any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Pakilo View Post
                I can't remember when was the last time I saw women's 10K on European circuit and that WR is btw breakable nowadays but seems no one will organize the race any time soon.
                I doubt very much that anyone currently running can get that 29:31; nobody has broken 30 since '09, when Defar barely ducked under at Birmingham, oddly enough at UK NC, and then 30:08 in June 2013. Maybe Ayana in 2-3 years will try it.
                Cheers,
                Alan Shank

Comment

26 Phil-Mar Janse van Rensburg RSA 75.45 Pretoria (Tuks) 21 MAR 2015 q
                  That is a javelin throw, not hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by LNO View Post
                    26 Phil-Mar Janse van Rensburg RSA 75.45 Pretoria (Tuks) 21 MAR 2015 q
                    That is a javelin throw, not hammer.
                    I get the feeling those IAAF world lists really aren't up to the task of providing reliable info. Phil-Mar better learn how to throw the hammer real fast because he just may get an invite to throw one in Beijing. ;-)
                    In other words: How is the IAAF going to select the right people to invite if they have these kinds or errors in their lists? It's going to get messy once that invitation process starts.

Comment

Personally if I was your friend I would always cross check the lists with tilastopaja.org and then consult someone (maybe here is a good start) for issues of differences.

Comment

Relays have been added, the IAAF confirmed only the best time counts.

@donley2: He doesn't have a tilastopaja account and only the top20 there are free.

Comment

Originally posted by Pakilo View Post
                          I hope they will add more or at least divide those 16 in 4x400 into three heats. Two semis with 8 could be a mess during exchange.
                          Why would the semis with 8 be any more of a mess than a final with 8?

Comment

Originally posted by norunner View Post
                            Relays have been added, the IAAF confirmed only the best time counts.

@donley2: He doesn't have a tilastopaja account and only the top20 there are free.
                            We should pitch in and get him a tilastopaja account. Anyone really into athletics should have one.
                            Cheers,
                            Alan Shank

Comment

I asked the IAAF for clarification regarding the 1500m/mile issue and got this reply: "We will use the 1500m lists only to fill remaining places with the best ranked athletes." So the list is correct as it is.

Comment

A slightly off topic question but I am assuming that the Pan Am games is not an "Area Championship" since it actually encompasses two areas? Does anyone have a list of the "official" area championships?

Comment

Working...
                                X