X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by norunner View Post
    I don't understand the question, do you mean for outsiders to try to follow how it works or for the IAAF and federations to follow it?....
    I'm addressing the people who read and post on this forum. Waht has been your take on trying to make sense of all this?

Leave a comment:

• tm71
    replied
    I don't understand the question, do you mean for outsiders to try to follow how it works or for the IAAF and federations to follow it?
    Without our page nobody (and that includes the IAAF because i have been told some of their departments were using our site to figure out who to invite) would have any clue as to where athletes stand. I know of one athlete who was sent to the federations training camp based on our page, before the official invitation arrived.
    This new system is a pain in the @ss for everybody so i would give it a 1.
    Given how tedious and time consuming this can be are u guys planing to do the same for the OG next year and future iaaf world championships meets ?

Leave a comment:

• norunner
    replied
    I only have access to what federations post, so no idea regarding Ukrainians, sorry.
    Pryshchepa obviously not because she ran the standard and they didn't select her.

Leave a comment:

• andyjgt
    replied
    Any Ukrainians in the 'invited' list? V Tkachuk and Ryzhykova at 400H? (Pryshchepa at 1500, though she did run the QT)

Leave a comment:

• norunner
    replied
    I don't understand the question, do you mean for outsiders to try to follow how it works or for the IAAF and federations to follow it?
    Without our page nobody (and that includes the IAAF because i have been told some of their departments were using our site to figure out who to invite) would have any clue as to where athletes stand. I know of one athlete who was sent to the federations training camp based on our page, before the official invitation arrived.
    This new system is a pain in the @ss for everybody so i would give it a 1.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Serious question: on a scale from 1 to 10 (1 bad, 10 good), how would you rate the ease of following this new IAAF protocol?

Leave a comment:

• rsb3
    replied
    The pink (which is not pink but mistyrose i've been told by someone clearly colorblind and yes the pink will be changed to a different color) are athletes not selected by their federations.
    Nothing about our list is final or official. The entry process is finished, but we have no access to the data other than what federations release or is being sent to us. For example we haven't seen entry lists for China and several Caribbean countries. So yes, there is a very good chance that the athletes in pink (or grey as it will be) are not going to Beijing, it's not final.
    Thank you ... great job, by the way!

Leave a comment:

• norunner
    replied
    The pink (which is not pink but mistyrose i've been told by someone clearly colorblind and yes the pink will be changed to a different color) are athletes not selected by their federations.
    Nothing about our list is final or official. The entry process is finished, but we have no access to the data other than what federations release or is being sent to us. For example we haven't seen entry lists for China and several Caribbean countries. So yes, there is a very good chance that the athletes in pink (or grey as it will be) are not going to Beijing, it's not final.

Leave a comment:

• rsb3
    replied
    Some of the names on the lists ^^^^^ are outlined in pink. Am I correct in thinking these are athletes who qualified via IAAF criteria, but were not selected by their federations? And also that the entry process is finished, so these athletes are not going to Worlds?

Leave a comment:

• norunner
    replied
    Sarah Brown was probably entered as an alternate, most countries don't list those.

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman View Post
    I believe the deadline for final entries by federations was yesterday (Monday, 10 August).
    Have things changed since 2013?
    Remember that Treniere Moser was replaced by Sarah Brown within 2-3 days of her first heat!!

Leave a comment:

• norunner
    replied
    Originally posted by Sasuke View Post
    A couple of corrections on others:
    Miankova wasn't selected in the HT because she is actually injured so I'd put her in the DNS list. The same with Chesani (had achilles surgery immediately after EIC, even if he didn't suffer from any rupture, he just wanted to have it ok before it breaks down). Schembri won't be in Beijing because of heel problems.
    SAFP should run the 200m too in Beijing, as for the IAAF.
    Schembri is now DNS, thanks. For the other two, the purpose of the list isn't to give a complete picture of every athletes status, but to get a picture of who has (not) been selected and/or has a chance of being selected. Once an athlete is nS it doesn't matter anymore if he/she is injured because he/she has already been removed from the total count.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    The deadline for federations to send their selections to the IAAF isn't over yet . . .
    I believe the deadline for final entries by federations was yesterday (Monday, 10 August).

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Sasuke View Post
    She nixed that idea.

edit - at least that's the last I read she said to her coach.
    Last edited by Atticus; 08-11-2015, 05:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sasuke
    replied
    That's actually your fault. ;-)
    Their situation is different because Popowicz was in the list of selected athletes you posted, so i entered her as selected, while Swoboda was not on that list, therefore nS. Only later did you add the info that Popowicz was injured, so she got a DNS.
    A couple of corrections on others:
    Miankova wasn't selected in the HT because she is actually injured so I'd put her in the DNS list. The same with Chesani (had achilles surgery immediately after EIC, even if he didn't suffer from any rupture, he just wanted to have it ok before it breaks down). Schembri won't be in Beijing because of heel problems.

On the other hand, I am surprised Tarasova wasn't selected. She is not in great form but being capable of 18.50m was almost sure to be a finalist given the low level of wSP.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X