Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prandini really needs help on her start; I am not sure what she is doing wrong but maybe she is just standing up way too early. I would think that is one of the more fixable things.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
      Prandini really needs help on her start; I am not sure what she is doing wrong but maybe she is just standing up way too early. I would think that is one of the more fixable things.
      Totally agree...

She has beautiful form after the start.

Comment

That race defied all conventional wisdom. How does the diminutive Bryant who predictably got walked down in the 100 by Prandini who is 8 inches taller than her, come back 45 minutes later and beat Prandini and other taller sprinters in the 200? Did the 100 take more out of Prandini than it did Bryant? Can this be explained by superior conditioning?

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
          That race defied all conventional wisdom. How does the diminutive Bryant who predictably got walked down in the 100 by Prandini who is 8 inches taller than her, come back 45 minutes later and beat Prandini and other taller sprinters in the 200? Did the 100 take more out of Prandini than it did Bryant? Can this be explained by superior conditioning?
          Yes, if you told me Bryant beat Prandini I'd have bet it was in the 100 not the 200 but this why they run the races. Great time for all and if you ran it 10 times there would likely be 10 different results.

Comment

Prandini's start was just fine in the 200. She ran a heckuva curve. She fell apart the last 20m, while Bryant executed beautifully.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
              Well, maybe it was because by then Prandini had a bit of fatigue in her legs. Additionally, at the point of the 100 it was still a big battle for the team championship while eight points in the 200 was sewing things up with events like the 800 win and no Kentucky team in the 4x400.

Comment

Also Prandini had run the 4 x 100 relay earlier in the day and Bryant had not. So the fatigue from that additional race may have caught up to her in the last 10 meters of the 200m race.

Comment

Additionally, at the point of the 100 it was still a big battle for the team championship while eight points in the 200 was sewing things up with events like the 800 win and no Kentucky team in the 4x400.
                  Huh? Are you suggesting that Prandini didn't really care about the 200 since the team title was already in the bag.

Comment

note that Bryant's mark is also the low-altitude meet record (beating Kimberlyn Duncan time by 0.01)

Comment

Well, maybe it was because by then Prandini had a bit of fatigue in her legs. Additionally, at the point of the 100 it was still a big battle for the team championship while eight points in the 200 was sewing things up with events like the 800 win and no Kentucky team in the 4x400.
                      She certainly wasn't guaranteed eight points and could easily have finished fourth. I'll agree that she had a bit more fatigue than Bryant who didn't run a relay leg.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                        note that Bryant's mark is also the low-altitude meet record (beating Kimberlyn Duncan time by 0.01)
                        There are always surprises but Bryant was a big one for me. I figured she was, at best, a 4th place finisher... nice race.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                          no proof but my take is that [I]most[I] of the time, collegians who are "out of shape" in August came into the year with no plans beyond the NCAA, and when they turn out to be brilliant to suddenly stay in peak shape for another 2 weeks to actually make the team at teh USATF and then be ready again another 2 months ago is simply a matter of an almost-impossible double-peaking request.
                          So True.Indoor,and Outdoor collegiate season.Then another traning cycle to compete at Worlds,or Olympics against the Pros is hard to say the least.
                          "Sprintin' ain't easy,baby !

Comment

Team points add more fire to tired legs; by that point the team battle was about done. So, yes, there might have been just a little less drive.

Comment

Just throwing it out there that Prandini was also in lane 3 and prolly worked a lil harder running that fast of a curve in lane 3. If she and Bryant are switched it might be a little different. Either way the girls all ran incredible and should be proud. This meet had the most exciting sprint races I've seen in a long time. Both guys and girls.

This is the fastest year I have ever seen. And especially if you include Tori Bowie's monster 200 into the headwind in NY. I can't wait for US Champs and Worlds.

Comment

Working...
                              X