Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
    There are several conflicting reports on the wind.

Flotrack posted results showing 2.0.
    MileSplitUSA says it's legal.
    Jon Mulkeen says it was windy.
    Ato Boldon tweeted from an airplane, saying it was 2.5.
    But then Boldon tweeted again (in response to people saying it was legal), saying he was confused, but was unable to phone anyone because he was in a plane.

Windy or not, still an INCREDIBLE time!!

ADD: Mulkeen just tweeted it's LEGAL!!
    At least two knowledgeable observers in the stands thought they heard stadium announcer Toni Reavis announce the wind as +2.5 right after the finish, and again make a comment about it not being wind-legal during the awards ceremony. There's definitely some confusion.

Comment

NEWSFLASH: Tia Jones 8th grader wins 100mH 13.08 at the new balance nationals...still waiting on the wind reading.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
        I can't believe she ran that fast and she still has two more years of high school. How many high school performances are better than this?
        Her performance is Michael Carter-esque

Comment

+2.5 wind for Jones

Comment

Carter's 81-3.50 and/or his 67-9 with the 16?
            And I'm NOT saying it's better! Just somewhat akin!
            When you compare with world senior performances she is definitely on a par with Carter, especially when you take into account her age.

Chapa's and Shea's 10K's.
            Lindgren's 8:40 INdoors in '64, when no one had broken 9:00 (except for him!).
            Ditto with Ryun's being first to break 4:00.
            Agree with Lindgren and Ryun. Rudy Chapa and Mary Shea had great performances but I think Candace Hill's performance today is better.

A bit lower on my list might be Robinson's 44.69.
            Robinson's 44.69 is currently equal 122nd all-time world. Candace Hill's is equal 78 all-time world. However, at the time Robinson was, I believe, all-time 9th.

And of course, some of Cain's marks, from before she went Pro.
            Sorry Aaronk - but as great as Mary Cain's performances were, those performances do not rate at a world level for senior performances on a par with Candace Hill, Michael Cartyer and Darrell Robinson.

ADD: McCullough's 93-3.25 WT INdoors! He's so far ahead of anyone else, it's ridiculous!
            It is a great performance but it is impossible to equate it at a world level as it is a non-event. His HS hammer record of 66.92 is not on a par with Hill, Carter, Robinson.

Comment

Sayon Cooper coaches Candace Hill...he use to run for TCU i believe.

Comment

I think he ran for Abilene Christian.

Comment

Another comparison at how incredible her performance is at age 16 is Jacko threw 20.38 at age 16. The IAAF world all.time list stops at 21.04 at 118th.

Her time is 3rd all time WJR

Comment

Suffice to say, she's gonna be THE most WATCHED (and speculated on) athlete at the USATF Junior meet next week!

I just hope the pressure (and the whirlwind aftermath of her 10.98) doesn't get to her.

BTW, I was surprised to learn she's from Georgia. For some reason, I'd thought she was from Florida!

ADD: My error. I thought she had to run USATF Jrs to make the Pan Am team. Guess not!
                    Last edited by aaronk; 06-21-2015, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Donovan Brazier 1:47.55 at Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                        Another comparison at how incredible her performance is at age 16 is Jacko threw 20.38 at age 16. The IAAF world all.time list stops at 21.04 at 118th.

Her time is 3rd all time WJR
                        Taking into account only performances after 2000 Jacko's performance is ranked 142th (according to all-athletics).

Comment

Originally posted by Charley Shaffer View Post
                          At least two knowledgeable observers in the stands thought they heard stadium announcer Toni Reavis announce the wind as +2.5 right after the finish, and again make a comment about it not being wind-legal during the awards ceremony. There's definitely some confusion.
                          Regardless of the wind this performance is huge. And we thought that witney was a big deal last year !

Comment

The meet ended almost five hours ago and there are no results posted on the meet website yet. Pretty pathetic. Or am I being picky?

Comment

Found results on milesplit Washington.

http://www.milesplit.com/meets/19842...s#.VYYvMWK9KSP

Comment

Originally posted by dpasv View Post
                                What actually are the all-conditions best?
                                Although the 2.0 wind is apparently confirmed, this ties US all-conditions best for HS by Angela Williams. Williams also holds the all-conditions best for an American Junior.

HS 10.98 in 1997
                                AJr 10.96 in 1999

Comment

Working...
                                X