Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by user4 View Post
    I could see any of these three making the final. Sow and Lox have pretty good foot speed, they could certainly be finalists.

The rock star Symmonds is from another planet, I still cant figure out how the cute little hobbit even competes at 800m !!

Just wondering...I've seen the "little" remark made about Symmonds quite a few times, yet he's listed at 5'10", which is solidly in the middle range and taller than other 800m runners, as well as taller than a lot of sprinters/ long-distance runners, yet not too much comment about height made regarding them even if 5'7" or 5'8". Is Symmonds actually a lot less than that 5'10"? Anyone ever meet him in real life?

Comment

Originally posted by Grad View Post
      Just wondering...I've seen the "little" remark made about Symmonds quite a few times, yet he's listed at 5'10", which is solidly in the middle range and taller than other 800m runners, as well as taller than a lot of sprinters/ long-distance runners, yet not too much comment about height made regarding them even if 5'7" or 5'8". Is Symmonds actually a lot less than that 5'10"? Anyone ever meet him in real life?
      Wow, I had no idea he was 5'10" , he just seems about 5'8" . For the record I consider him an absolutely amazing athlete. He is to the 800 what Batman is to the 400h , a David-esque giant slayer !

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bowie View Post
        Symmonds is one of the gutsiest runners of all time. He has a tortured way of going, he is more torso than limb and it is hard to watch him in full flight from a technical standpoint, but for sheer determination and innards, I don't know if I've ever seen a more fascinating runner. You have to admire him to the fullest extent. Way to go Nick.
        Well said - I feel the same way.

Comment

will this be another races that goes down in popular history remembered as Symmonds' "incredible kick," when he actually ran each 200 of the race slower than the one before it. A classic example of a "kick" being the runner slowing less than the others.

Symmonds:
          (25.22, 26.05 [51.27], 26.23 [1:17.50], 27.03)
          (51.27/53.26)
          (13.6) (so he did actually run his last 100 marginally faster than the one before it)

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
            will this be another races that goes down in popular history remembered as Symmonds' "incredible kick," when he actually ran each 200 of the race slower than the one before it. A classic example of a "kick" being the runner slowing less than the others.

Symmonds:
            (25.22, 26.05 [51.27], 26.23 [1:17.50], 27.03)
            (51.27/53.26)
            (13.6) (so he did actually run his last 100 marginally faster than the one before it)
            He's no Robbie Andrews. :-)

Comment

And now he gets the cover!

Comment

Just 5th, however, in Edmonton, behind --- Solomon, Sowinski, Wieczorek and Nigerian Obinwa, 1:47.53, 1.4 behind.
                Cheers,
                Alan Shank

Comment

Working...
                X