Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was also very impressed with Kaylin Whitney. She didn't look great most the year but ran very well back to back. Barely missed the team but very good meet.

Comment

Originally posted by GoCard37 View Post
      Truth! What a job by Curtis Taylor. Todd qualifies in 2 events and Prandini dominates the field in the 200m.

I am calling it now. A fresh Prandini WILL medal at World Champs!
      Unfortunately she has been running and jumping the 3 events since indoors. I would be surprised to see her medal in Beijing.

Comment

Two youth world records for Whitney in this, in the semis she equalled her own, in the final she improved it. aaronk must be ecstatic.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
          Unfortunately she has been running and jumping the 3 events since indoors. I would be surprised to see her medal in Beijing.
          How is that? Right now 2 weeks out from NCAA's, and after running 5 races at USA's she runs the #3 basic time in the world. She has 8 weeks to recover and get ready for worlds and will only have to do 3 races there. I think she will break 22 and medal. I wouldn't be shocked if she won, but not willing to call any winner.

Comment

1 Jenna Prandini Oregon 22.20 +0.4 1 (1)
            2 Candyce McGrone NIKE 22.38 +0.4 1 (2)
            3 Jeneba Tarmoh NIKE 22.44 +0.4 1 (3)
            4 Kaylin Whitney NIKE 22.47 +0.4 1 (4)
            5 Dezerea Bryant Kentucky 22.48 +0.4 1 (5)
            6 Kyra Jefferson Florida 22.56 +0.4 1 (6)
            7 Muna Lee Unattached 22.60 +0.4 1 (7)
            8 Charonda Williams adidas 22.74 +0.4 1 (8)

Comment

Truth! What a job by Curtis Taylor. Todd qualifies in 2 events and Prandini dominates the field in the 200m.

I am calling it now. A fresh Prandini WILL medal at World Champs!
              With hardly anyone else capable of running this fast (22.20), who is she likely to chase for the medals? Shelly, of course, if she runs the 200. Dafne, for sure, with her 22.03. Maybe VCB, unless her mojo in the 200 is gone for good. Of course, there's Allyson, if she decides to run the 200. She could conceivably win, if Allyson chooses the 400.

Alas; gone are the days of Ottey, Gwen, Irina and Marie-José, when you could count on a 21.xx or a very-low-22.x at every turn.

Comment

How is that? Right now 2 weeks out from NCAA's, and after running 5 races at USA's she runs the #3 basic time in the world. She has 8 weeks to recover and get ready for worlds and will only have to do 3 races there. I think she will break 22 and medal. I wouldn't be shocked if she won, but not willing to call any winner.
                She has been preparing for NCAA's and probably held her peak 2 weeks later for this meet.
                Athletes like Tarmoh, Okagbare and VCB only had to prepare for trials and worlds. Then you have Schippers, SAFP, Ahoure who have nothing to worry about all year except worlds itself. Let alone if Miller and Felix decide to run the 200m.

Comment

I hope Prandini can hold on though I'm also wondering if she's running on fumes.
                  cladthin
                  Last edited by cladthin; 06-28-2015, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Im waiting to see what Elaine thompson runs tonight....

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post
                      With hardly anyone else capable of running this fast (22.20), who is she likely to chase for the medals?
                      Many are waiting to see what Elaine Thompson has in store later...
                      Regards,
                      toyracer

Comment

Originally posted by cladthin View Post
                        I hope Prandini can hold on though I'm also wondering if she's running on fumes.
                        I'd like to know her total race count for the year, not to mention her long jumps.

Comment

You greatly underestimate the effects of competing for 6 months and peaking several times, and also the lack of international experience. Athletes are not using the next 8 weeks to "recover", as they need to prepare for another peak and maintain their racing edge.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                            I'd like to know her total race count for the year, not to mention her long jumps.
                            Tilastopaja has 39 results for her from this year, not yet including this 22.20. (For comparison, McGrone and Tarmoh both had 13; Whitney had 16; Bryant had 34.) It's possible those statistics are missing a mark or two, but they should be close.

Comment

Originally posted by Samurai_Runner View Post
                              You greatly underestimate the effects of competing for 6 months and peaking several times, and also the lack of international experience. Athletes are not using the next 8 weeks to "recover", as they need to prepare for another peak and maintain their racing edge.
                              Well said. It's going to be tough for Prandini to stay sharp AND recover from the long collegiate season.

Comment

Originally posted by norunner View Post
                                Two youth world records for Whitney in this, in the semis she equalled her own, in the final she improved it. aaronk must be ecstatic.
                                Not as "ecstatic" as her Grandmother, whom I'm in regular contact with on FB and Twitter.
                                But happy, yes.

I saw this coming.
                                When she finished 2nd to VCB a couple of months ago, I think she probably gained a lot of confidence.
                                Time wasn't great then (23.06), but finishing 2nd to someone like VCB HAS to be a confidence booster.

But I was like a lot of others last year---after she ran that 11.10 and 22.49---who thought "Prove yourself....again!" before I'll rate you as the next A-T great.

Well, she DID prove herself here.
                                11.18, albeit windy, was her best time since her 11.10 in the 100.
                                And TWO fast 200's-----actually THREE!! (22.75, 22.49, 22.47) must be one of the best series of races (in one meet) by a HS runner---ever!
                                Maybe even a Collegiate runner!

But was rooting for Muna Lee too.
                                Win some, lose some.

Comment

Working...
                                X