X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by ArchH41 View Post
    Isn't anyone going to write about the novelty of Prandini being a white girl?…..
    and now you know why nobody raised the question earlier; they were trying to avoid having the thread locked down after injecting racial politics into the whole thing. oops!

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by Dickson View Post
    She was raised in Clovis, you know anything about Clovis, well I do. Her last name is Prandini, she comes from a huge family, gigantic actually and they all look white I;ve been to Clovis seen them. There is no reason of any kind to think she isn't Italian American, none.
    Obviously you have absolutely no understanding of geography and anthropology. Otherwise, you would have gotten my earlier point in which I alluded to the southern Mediterranean.

If you can prove she has black roots, do it. If you can;t then why bother with it?
    I'm not saying she has no White ancestry, it is you who is saying she has no Black ancestry. The burden of proof is on you, not me.

Leave a comment:

• Dickson
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Dixon, I live in south Louisiana, and trust me when I say that I know many, many people who identify as Black who look much more White (eg. eyes, hair, complexion, etc.) than Prandini. I'm not talking one or two, I'm talking scores, whole families in some cases. Now before you reflexively type something without thinking as you usually do, at least to absorb what I'm saying. Just this one time, try to use a little more of your brain power, Dixon.
    She was raised in Clovis, you know anything about Clovis, well I do. Her last name is Prandini, she comes from a huge family, gigantic actually and they all look white I;ve been to Clovis seen them. There is no reason of any kind to think she isn't Italian American, none.

If you can prove she has black roots, do it. If you can;t then why bother with it?

Dude, cool your stupid.."brain power" thing ok, trust me guy 'you" shouldn't play that. I'm not the one who would watch James Brown and wonder if he had white roots, that would be you.

I say she is white, prove me wrong.
    Last edited by Dickson; 07-01-2015, 04:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    If I walk in a room of nine people, three are black, three are white and three are Asians, I gurantee I can pick out who is who. If you can't figure out.."OBVIOUS"...why am I not surprised?

You work way too hard at this guy, ok? I seriously doubt anyone has the problems you do with this. If you can't figure out who is black and who isn't, hahaha!!!!!!!!

Dude, you amaze me.

White skinned sprinter named Prandini, trust ne guy only you would think "wonder if she's black"...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
    Dixon, I live in south Louisiana, and trust me when I say that I know many, many people who identify as Black who look much more White (eg. eyes, hair, complexion, etc.) than Prandini. I'm not talking one or two, I'm talking scores, whole families in some cases. Now before you reflexively type something without thinking as you usually do, at least to absorb what I'm saying. Just this one time, try to use a little more of of your pea-sized brain power, Dixon.
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 07-01-2015, 04:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacksf View Post
    Come on man, you're being ridiculous. Not to mention pedantic and annoying. And ridiculous.
    Obviously, your idea of debate is ad hominem, sophomoric personal attacks, which means that you're totally beneath me and not worth responding to.

Leave a comment:

• Dickson
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacksf View Post
    Come on man, you're being ridiculous. Not to mention pedantic and annoying. And ridiculous.
    He stays ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• Dickson
    replied
    What the hell does "obviously Black" mean? Is Andre De Grasse "obviously Black"? When you explain this to me using purely objective language, then we can have a discussion.

Dixon, you should never ever presume that everyone else on this board thinks like you.

Are you familiar with world geography? Do you know where Italy is located in relation to Africa? How many folks in that part of the world do you think have African ancestry?
    If I walk in a room of nine people, three are black, three are white and three are Asians, I gurantee I can pick out who is who. If you can't figure out.."OBVIOUS"...why am I not surprised?

You work way too hard at this guy, ok? I seriously doubt anyone has the problems you do with this. If you can't figure out who is black and who isn't, hahaha!!!!!!!!

Dude, you amaze me.

White skinned sprinter named Prandini, trust ne guy only you would think "wonder if she's black"...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Dickson; 07-01-2015, 04:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jacksf
    replied
    How do you know she's not Black? Have you seen her genealogy test results?
    Last edited by Jacksf; 07-01-2015, 04:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    How about this.....

Here in the USA female sprinters who aren't "obviously black" are a rarity, ok? She looks white to me and everyone else, if she isn't oh well.
    What the hell does "obviously Black" mean? Is Andre De Grasse "obviously Black"? When you explain this to me using purely objective language, then we can have a discussion.

She looks white to me and everyone else, if she isn't oh well.
    Dixon, you should never ever presume that everyone else on this board thinks like you.

She is Italian.
    Are you familiar with world geography? Do you know where Italy is located in relation to Africa? How many folks in that part of the world do you think have African ancestry?

Leave a comment:

• Dickson
    replied
    Dixon, I understand race from a cultural point of view, and culturally, Prandini is White. However, you aren't talking about culture, you're talking about genetics, and genetically speaking, do you know for a fact that Prandini has no African lineage?

I'm asking this because the recent revelations of genealogy testing has been an eye-opener for me, and I've been surprised at how many Americans, many of whom you've heard of, have large percentages of at least two races, and some three.
    How about this.....

Here in the USA female sprinters who aren't "obviously black" are a rarity, ok? She looks white to me and everyone else, if she isn't oh well.

I don't need to...."but do they have some % of black in them"....everytime I see what looks to be a white sprinter. That was said about John Teeters, he's as white as Casper the Ghost.

We've seen tons of white sprinters over the years, I could rattle off 50 world class white sprinters in a matter of seconds. Who .."but could they be part black?'....yep, nobody!

She is Italian.
    Last edited by Dickson; 07-01-2015, 04:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    She is a rarity, and we don't see white female sprinters in the USA, why some need to act like this isn't real obvious, ????
    Dixon, I understand race from a cultural point of view, and culturally, Prandini is White. However, you aren't talking about culture, you're talking about genetics, and genetically speaking, do you know for a fact that Prandini has no African lineage?

I'm asking this because the recent revelations of genealogy testing has been an eye-opener for me, and I've been surprised at how many Americans, many of whom you've heard of, have large percentages of at least two races, and some three.

Leave a comment:

• Dickson
    replied
    Isn't anyone going to write about the novelty of Prandini being a white girl? I have been following track since the mid 70s and can't think of one other world class American female sprinter who was white (nor male for that matter except Kevin Little who wasn't nearly as accomplished and who ran the 200 mainly). If America wasn't so hung up on race everyone would be writing about it. Also, she has the worst start I have ever seen. The first thing a sprint coach should teach is to drive out and up and she is obviously doing the reverse. Potentially she's 10.8 or under and therefore definitely under 22 in the 200.
    She is a rarity, and we don't see white female sprinters in the USA, why some need to act like this isn't real obvious, ????

Google...

Willie Thrower...you will read how he was the first black QB to start an NFL game.
    Jerry Levias...you will read how he was the first black player in the old SWC.
    Butterfly McQueen....you will read how she was the first black actress to win an Academy Award
    Doug Williams...you will read how he's the first black QB to win the Superbowl
    When LeMaitre ran his sub10.00 Track & Field News mentioned how he was the first white sprinter to break the sub10,00 barrier.

People do pay attention to this sort of thing.

Leave a comment:

• Bill S
    replied
    If America wasn't so hung up on race...
    That's a pretty broad brush you're painting with.

As Atticus said, not even on the radar.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Isn't anyone going to write about the novelty of Prandini being a white girl?
    How do you know she's not Black? Have you seen her genealogy test results? And while you're at it, perhaps you can tell me what Andre De Grasse's test say about his race.

Leave a comment:

• beebee
    replied
    Isn't anyone going to write about the novelty of Prandini being a white girl? I have been following track since the mid 70s and can't think of one other world class American female sprinter who was white (nor male for that matter except Kevin Little who wasn't nearly as accomplished and who ran the 200 mainly). If America wasn't so hung up on race everyone would be writing about it. Also, she has the worst start I have ever seen. The first thing a sprint coach should teach is to drive out and up and she is obviously doing the reverse. Potentially she's 10.8 or under and therefore definitely under 22 in the 200.
    Yeah, and turn this into another Schippers thread
    Leave the girl alone and let her have fun. I'm certain that she wants no part of any racial scorecard.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X