Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWW: beijing Womens 100mH

this is one of the most competitive races in the World Championships - however with Pearson out injured, and Harrison and Stowers failing to make the USA Team, the field is depleted somewhat!

Will Bianna Rollins definately take her wild card? If she declines to run (injury, poor form), this would give DHP the wild card and secure a place for Queen Harrison.

I have to say my money is on DHP or Nelvis - for Dawn it would be full circle from her first big victory on the world stage in 2008, while for Nelvis it would be a massive break-through - although the final at the US Trials showed that sparkling form means nothing if you cant produce when it matters.

add in two plastics brits and you never know what could happen.

The US should sweep this I think. I'd be surprised if they didn't. In fact they can go 1 - 4

Comment

There's no reason I know of to think that Rollins won't be there

Comment

I don't know of any reason either, but it's a bit odd that she hasn't been on the summer circuit making some money, as all of her fit competitors have been doing.

Comment

The US can sweep the medals. I won't be surprised if Porter sneaks in and grabs 2nd or 3rd if any of them hits a hurdle.

Comment

High hurdles are a very hard event to go 1-4 due to the facts stated above (hitting hurdles) or even false starts. I think Harper Nelson's experience should have her start as favorite. Keni Harrison has no DL and international experience and for Nelvis this is her first DL season and international team. Rollins has been quiet since usatf maybe she is putting in the work she needs to but also needs races. Porter has been the only non us athlete consistently close to us athletes in the DL races so she is the most likely person to break the American 1-4.

Comment

Monaco will be a good test as all four American WC participants are listed as entries as is Porter.

Comment

Isn't Rollins entered at Monaco this Sat.?

Comment

I think its notable that Porter's SB of 12.56 was run at Clermont. Her next best after that is a 12.65.
                  So if you eliminate that race and Pearson's 12.59, the Americans own the top 29 other times of the year.
                  The US should take at least top 3 in Beijing.
                  Last edited by ATK; 07-13-2015, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                    I don't know of any reason either, but it's a bit odd that she hasn't been on the summer circuit making some money, as all of her fit competitors have been doing.
                    I have zero actual information on this, but in the what-have-you-done-for-me-lately department, it may be that after the '14 version was so inferior to the world champ '13 version, and with all the other U.S. women running so well that she's having trouble getting financial deals that are palatable. Just a thought.
                    Last edited by gh; 07-13-2015, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Outside of the Porter/Ofili sisters, Talay, and a local, the remainder of a DL field will be Americans. That means a minimum of 4, possibly 6, you'd think Rollins would find more opportunities. In the end it must depend on finances for her and them. They can fill in the field with others who may cost less and she may not want to hang around for chump change. As the 2013 WC she doesn't need to chase a spot.

Comment

Rollins tweet from July 09: <<Getting my last lil lift in before I head overseas>>

Comment

I see from the Lucerne thread she's scheduled to run there tomorrow.

Comment

Entry list for the 100h in Luzern here: http://live.seltec-sports.de/2015/luzern/e194000033.htm

Nelvis, Harrison, Rollins, Jones and the new Suisse star Noemi Zbären.

Comment

So, US could go 1-5

(if you include Porter)

just kidding! : )

Comment

Working...
                              X