Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Andre de Grasse be at the WC?

After his wind assisted 9.75 in beating Bromell, he seems to have gone AWOL. Will he be competing in the WC?

He didn't totally disappear, but after a long NCAA season I suspect he's resting up. He competed at the Canadian Championships earlier in July (clocked 9.95 in the final). He will be competing in the Pan Am Games 100m next week in Toronto (July 21-22). The last I heard, he will be going to the WCs. Not sure which event he'll enter, though. The Canadian team hasn't officially been named yet.
    Last edited by JRM; 07-13-2015, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rats123 View Post
      After his wind assisted 9.75 in beating Bromell, he seems to have gone AWOL. Will he be competing in the WC?
      He ran at the Canadian champs and ran a PR of 9.95. Apparently he may not run the 200 in Beijing. Remember he had the entire college indoor and outdoor season so no reason to get more worn down before worlds

Comment

Thanks for the updates. Both de Grasse and Bromell are good bets for the future of sprinting.

Comment

Canadian team now posted to front page: De Grasse 100 only

Comment

He was never going to be in the 200m as he didn't run that event at the Canadian Champs (trials). Believe he's doubling at Pan-Am though.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
              De Grasse 100 only
              That 19.58 (+2.4w) was worth 19.70. Everyone wanting to medal in the 200 (other than Gatlin), please take one giant step forward.

Comment

Originally posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
                He was never going to be in the 200m as he didn't run that event at the Canadian Champs (trials). Believe he's doubling at Pan-Am though.
                That's what I thought as well, that he could not run the 200m having skipped it at his nationals.

Comment

Surely Canada doesn't have a first 3 past the post selection process?? That's sheer stupidity for a country with little depth (speaking from another country with little depth).

If de Grasse had wanted to do the WC 200m, surely they would have selected him.

By the way, I've nicknamed him "Wheels" in honour of the fastest character on his namesake TV show
                  Last edited by AS; 07-20-2015, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Dude is probably tired....he'll most likely double next year.

Comment

Any talk of his turning pro? High risk running full season in college. His school also runs some indoors....very long season when you consider Olympics included.

Comment

I would think that he has a better shot at a medal in the 200 then the 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymal04 View Post
                          I would think that he has a better shot at a medal in the 200 then the 100.
                          I agree. Without Bolt in the 100 the two races are closer but if Bolt is in any shape the 100 is reasonably strong. The 200 is Gatlin and a bunch of questions.

Comment

Has Bolt said he'll only do the 100 if he makes it to Beijing?

Comment

Wouldn't degrasse want a trial run on the world stage before the Olympics?

Comment

Working...
                              X