Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Beijing USA Marathon Runners?

Have the men & women qualifiers for the '15 Beijing World Championships been announced?

I saw the criteria for selection @ usatf.org but have not seen the selections yet.

Might still be subject to change but as of now the selections are:

Scott Smith
    Jeff Eggleston
    Ian Burrell

I would have to believe that Jared Ward and Tyler Pennel were offered but declined.

For women the selections are:

Serena Burla
    Esther Erb
    Heather Lieberg

I got this info from Lieberg's twitter, which has a screen shot of a USA roster dated 7/12/15. Looks like it comes from the USATF website but I couldn't immediately find it there.

Comment

I'd be surprised to find a USA team roster on the USATF website because the team isn't fully formed. People are still chasing (and in some cases getting) qualifying performances and they will be doing so right up to August 9.

Comment

That makes sense although USATF could post "subject to change" roster if it wanted to.

I will suppose that this was something sent to the athletes and staff.

The marathon has lost appeal for top talent.

Comment

Originally posted by player View Post
          The marathon has lost appeal for top talent.
          Did it ever have appeal for the top talent?

Comment

Originally posted by tgs3 View Post
            Did it ever have appeal for the top talent?
            You mean, in the US? Goucher and Davila (Linden) ran in 2009.

Comment

Wouldn't want to be chasing a marathon qualifier between now and August 9th.

Comment

The Q window is over for the marathoners (U.S. variety). It closed months ago.

<<Marathon athletes for Team USA for the 2015 IAAF World Championships shall be selected as follows:

One man and one woman from among the top-five finishers at the 2014 USATF Marathon Championships (Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon) on October 5, 2014, will be selected for Team USA, providing that the athletes meet the IAAF Qualification Standards.
                One Man and one woman from the top-five U.S. finishers at the 2015 USATF Marathon Championships (LA Marathon) shall be selected for Team USA, providing they have achieved the IAAF Qualifying Standard prior to the LA Marathon. Since LA isn’t an IAAF eligible course, athletes will need to have achieved the IAAF Standard on an eligible course between July 1, 2014 and April 26, 2015.
                One man and one woman from the U. S. marathon performance list from July 1, 2014 through April 26, 2015 shall be selected for Team USA, providing they have achieved the IAAF Qualifying Standard.>>

Comment

Working...
                X