Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Olympic Trials Tickets

Just went on sale (noon ET).
    I got in the queue at precisely noon, only to find out most of the finish straight tix were gone. I got two somewhere near the 40m mark of the 100.
    Gonna be a sell-out!

I, too, was on the website at exactly 9:00am PDT. And already, sections A-D in the west grandstand (finish line side) were ALL GONE! How could that possibly be?!? Just how many seats are pre-sold or reserved for sponsors, etc.?!? Sheesh.

I have been to countless Pre Classics, Oly Trials, US Championships, but can never seem to get into the elusive sections A or B. And now, even though I was there right at the gun, I'm all the way over in section E!!!

Comment

Originally posted by imarunr View Post
      I, too, was on the website at exactly 9:00am PDT. And already, sections A-D in the west grandstand (finish line side) were ALL GONE! How could that possibly be?!? Just how many seats are pre-sold or reserved for sponsors, etc.?!? Sheesh.

I have been to countless Pre Classics, Oly Trials, US Championships, but can never seem to get into the elusive sections A or B. And now, even though I was there right at the gun, I'm all the way over in section E!!!
      Weird. I had a really hard time getting on the website, so it was almost 30 minutes in before I could reserve a seat, but somehow I got seat in Section B (row 34, though).

Comment

Thankfully, I saw the reminder on the front page. Section U and the wife is letting me go solo this time. I hope it's not as wet as last time. Cannot wait!

Comment

Originally posted by billychuck View Post
          Weird. I had a really hard time getting on the website, so it was almost 30 minutes in before I could reserve a seat, but somehow I got seat in Section B (row 34, though).
          Maybe because you ordered just a single seat? Row 34 is up at the very top of the grandstand. Hopefully, you won't be behind a column or other obstruction!

Comment

Originally posted by imarunr View Post

I got on at the same time and saw the same thing thing. Just like for the world indoor when I got on when the tickets went on sale and there were only a few sections available.
            #whenyouareapeon

Comment

It was my first day of a new job and I had my wife try to get us tickets online. She had problems with the website (should have had her call?) and felt so horrible. I told her not to buy if she couldn't get A-F around middle way up. Best she saw was U. Have sat there before.

I told her not to worry. We've seen two trials from crappy seats. At this point I'm not interested in another one unless I've got great seats. I think I'll sign us up for the T&FN tours next Trials in Eugene

Comment

My wife got on right at noon (EDT) and got seats on backstretch across from finish line. I'm sure the finish line seats are reserved for season ticket holders. Got a couple of those in 2008 from an alum who was unable to attend, via this message board.

Comment

Working...
                X