Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see what the weather is like first. At the moment it looks like London is due for rain Friday and Saturday. It will still be relatively mild though. So I wouldn't expect a 9.7 from Bolt even if he is back to form, unless it is still. This isn't the Mediterranean don't forget, where we can assume good conditions, this is dreary London. :-) I am more interested to see what the margin is between him and the others and how hard he pushes it. Gatlin has run all out in every meet. If Bolt runs a 'comfortable' low to mid 9.9 I wouldn't be too worried. If he's straining to run a mid 9.9 then that's different.

I am really keen to see how Jess fairs. She hasn't said what she expects other than to beat her SBs in all the events, but one would assume she is after a sub 13 secs hurdles in the very least. She did say somewhere she wanted to run sub 23 in the 200m, but I think she would be happy with anything faster than 23.3. In the LJ she will want to be getting near 6.4. If she does anything like that, I will be more than happy and I am sure she will go to Beijing.

I am then excited to see how Ohuruogu runs. She went out quite hard in Monaco, and didn't quite have her usual surge at the end, and still ran a bit SB. Again, if conditions are good, I want to see faster, and I want to see whether she returns to that late surge down the home straight.

Comment

I don't think anyone, outside of the islands, expects 9.7 for Bolt this weekend. Agree that margin is important, especially margin between him and Rodgers. Rodgers has run 10 times under 10.00 this year so we should expect a consistent effort from him. He's a good gauge for Bolt no matter the conditions.

Comment

Working...
      X